Texas: Fort Worth Zoo Run April 28th (Read 872 times)

Would anyone in the Dallas Fort Worth area be interested in joining me under the team name "runningahead.com" for the Fort Worth Zoo Run on April 28th? They have 2 races, a 5K and a new 10K http://www.fortworthzoo.com/visit/zoorun.html

Vim

Burninated Peasant

I'm thinking about running it, if I can arrange for childcare. What would it mean to be part of a team?
        I should of updated this post earlier (sorry). My original thought was signing up as a team would have been a good way to advertise runningahead.com and save a couple bucks. When signing up, the team has to sign up all at once for the same type of race. After I found these restrictions on Saturday, I went ahead and signed up individually for the 10K. What would it mean to be part of a team? 1. Promote this website 2. Ability to possibly win team prizes (best average team time... largest team participating) 3. Cheaper entry fee

Vim

I'm thinking of running it as well, but haven't made up my mind yet, as I'm already signed up for the Rock and Roll 5 Mile the following weekend. I'll repost here when I decide.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, that is so cool! I have been to that zoo and it is REALLY nice! Too bad I am in MI. But I love that team idea. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

derek

I would have entered as part of the team, but the timing just wasn't right. Please continue to solicit for runners in the DFW area if you come across another possibility. Depending on the time, I'll take part.

Derek

The new 10K Fort Worth Zoo Run was pretty nice. The first 2.5 miles had a nice grade and from then on it was fairly smooth. I ended up doing about 8:25 min/miles a little bit faster than I did my first 10k in November... so a new 10K PR... Big grin... I really think if I pushed it I could have done it all in 48 minutes. Next year, I think I am going to pack a bag to pile up on the goodies!

Vim

I ran it too, and am so proud to say I bettered my Cowtown 10K time by almost 8 1/2 minutes!! So proud of myself. I really enjoyed the race, and it was a gorgeous day. Ditto on the bag for all the goodies!! I almost yelled with joy when I saw the twinkies!
                  Started running Nov 2006 1st race: Cowtown 10K 2/24/07 1:09:32 PR 5K 29:54 PR 10K 1:01:08 White Rock 1/2 Dec 07 2:27:50 2010 goals PR all!!!
                    Courtney, (high five) way to go on pressing up and cutting your 10k time! I was running close next to the guy dressed in the cow costume (Mario) for about the last half of the race. He keep yelling to folks... "how you all feeling?", "pull it through", "good job", "thank you officer". My co-worker (57 years old) ran it a little over a hour. He said he'd run one with me and he met his goal. I was hoping my sister, her family, and a bunch of her gang would make it out but she pulled a muscle on Thursday Sad. Funny thing is a former HS classmate of mine ran the race in the time I hoped to run had I pushed hard. I was about 30 seconds slower than him on the Hope River Run 8k. Have Fun and Best on running that White Rock Half Marathon! Smile Run Times

Vim

Awesome! Glad you guys had fun at the 10k and set PRs. I wish I could have been there too.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Awesome! Glad you guys had fun at the 10k and set PRs. I wish I could have been there too.
                        Yes, support running in Tarrant County!

Vim

Yeah, the cow guy! We were talking about how he must be so hot!!! I did the River Run too...loved it. Looks like we've been doing the same runs!
                          Started running Nov 2006 1st race: Cowtown 10K 2/24/07 1:09:32 PR 5K 29:54 PR 10K 1:01:08 White Rock 1/2 Dec 07 2:27:50 2010 goals PR all!!!
                            tschepsit, congrats on your 10k time! You're fast! I am a bit further on down the list in your division.

Vim

Burninated Peasant

tschepsit, congrats on your 10k time! You're fast! I am a bit further on down the list in your division.
                              Thanks. This was my first 10k. I've run all kinds of races farther and shorter, but somehow never managed to do a 10k. I agree with you about the hilliness of the first two miles. I don't know if it was the hills or what, but I didn't feel like I really found my rhythm till about the 4 mile marker. Those last couple miles flat/downhill sure were fun though. One funny thing about the finish - the guy behind me in 12th place overall actually passed me right at the finish, but I was a little slow getting across the line at the start, so his killer kick didn't show up in the results. Doh!