What do you eat for breakfast? (Read 405 times)

flatland mountaineer

Normally any 1 or 2 of the following, Oatmeal or cream of Wheat, yogurt, or peanut butter toast. Raceday, poptart always! I am one to always wanting/needing to eat " something" almost immediately after waking up.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

I eat sausage, pork and toast each morning - carbs and protein essentially plus tea.

Oh gosh, I would puke, lol.

I eat sausage, pork and toast each morning - carbs and protein essentially plus tea.

#artbydmcbride

Scrambled eggs; 1 whole egg and 1 egg white scrambled together and cooked medium (no runny parts!)  and some raw baby spinach leafs; about a fistful.  And lots of coffee 

Runners run

robin from maine

Whole milk yoghurt, bagel/croissant or equivalent, handful of sunflower seeds and a cup of coffee. I always have breakfast before I run, usually wait an hour or so after I eat, and haven't had any problems.

dallison

registered pw

cereal

2017 goals:

sub 1:30 half 

Village people

Usually a toasted veggie sandwich.

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

hectortrojan

I usually do not eat or drink anything before AM runs.

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

I love breakfast, though I don't usually have a big one before training runs.  Fig Newton or piece of toast/PB if I wake up hungry and have a run planned early.

Ordinarily, though - that is, on days I'm not running in the early AM - good-sized bowl of oatmeal with raisins, blueberries, and vanilla protein powder, a couple slices of toast or one English muffin, with a poached egg on one half and about a 1/2 tbsp of fruit spread on the other.  And, if I am running, I'll usually have that right after.

Like I say, I love breakfast.  I'm with r2farm, if I don't get food shortly before waking up, I'm borderline nauseous and fully cranky until I do.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Feeling the growl again

When I actually woke up, ate, and got out the door for a run, breakfast was typically 2 pieces of buttered toast and a can of Mountain Dew.

Now that I am older, wake up slower, and have an earlier scheduled which would push any runs to 5am, it rarely happens.  So I eat whatever the heck I feel like and have on hand that day and due to the slower metabolism, black coffee.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

NHLA

Depends on what I ate for supper.

Heavy supper   bagle

light supper  bacon & eggs on toast

TortisHELL

A bowl of Fruit

BeeRunB

a bowl of cereal with a mix of Fruit Loops, Lucky Charms and Quisp (or Quake) with whole milk

two cinnamon Pop Tarts, cold or hot

two pieces of white toast with raspberry preserves

a donut from an Entenmann's Family Pack (assorted)

orange juice with pulp

a glass of Hershey's chocolate milk

no, wait...that's what I used to eat when I was 10 when that was considered a healthy breakfast

sorry

actually, I just drink coffee

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

I usually do not eat or drink anything before AM runs.

This

for 11+ miles I'll usually eat a banana before.

You people have issues