Another PR 3200m ! (Read 996 times)

H RIMZ

Today at my track meet i ran the smartest race of my life. After 2 PR's in my last track meet (1600-4:58,3200-11:01) I was hoping to go low in the 1600 again today. But I didnt do as well in the 1600 today with 5:00. After the race I was so pumped for the 3200. In previous races Ive gone out to fast and scared off the runners, giving myself no chance of placing. But today I'd promised myself otherwise. I stuck in 4th for the first mile at about 5:30 , keeping a tight position on their first 3 runners. I felt great and felt like i should take off on them. But this time I didn't, I stayed tight on them. The first guy dropped back at about 2000m and about 200 meters later i took out the number two guy. From There I hugged the number 1 guy. As we came to the last 400m we both picked it up, I trailed him until about the 150 were I almost felt like settling for 2nd place. But i thought to myself Its the last race of the meet for me. I took off at the 100 and took first by a few decimals of a second. My final time was 10:56 and it felt really good.

mile- 4:37

2 mile 10:05 (Training run)

5 km-16:38 -5:22 11/15/2009

Why is it sideways?

My final time was 10:56 and it felt really good.
      Congratulations. Cherish this. Post of the day.
      runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Today at my track meet i ran the smartest race of my life.
        Congratulations. Running smart is usually the key to success.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Awesome job! A PR and a win! Out of curiosity - does 11:00 or so usually win or place in meets, or was this an atypical race? In my small town in the early 90s I'd run similar times and never come in better than 4th or so (although we also had 2 guys who did sub 10:00 when they ran it, one of whom pulled off a 2nd place 8:57 at states). We had nothing better to do than run ... it was like Footloose but w/ running.

H RIMZ

Depending on who the team is my time might place. This team in particular could have easily beat me had they put in theyre sub ten guy, but my team isnt known for distance and I caught them by surprise I guess. Actually considering I hurt their xc team pretty bad, not putting in their stud was kinda stupid. They underestimated me.But in other meets its all depending on the team Im from CT, which is dominantly distance for most schools. Last week when i ran 11:01 i came in 6th so yea its rough.

ultramarathon/triathlete

awesome speedy job! Keep it up!

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
              Gatorade Endurance Team

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Congratulations!

TRUST THE PROCESS

Good job - under 11 is a great milestone! Running smart is even more important, you'll get so much more out of your races. I won a 2 miler in 10:49 on a hot, humid day my senior year. But I went out in 64, 2:19 - 5:03 for the first mile. My mile PR was 4:47 at the time. I puked under the bleachers after that one. Keeping your concentration between 1600 and 2400m is very important for being there at the end of a 3200m (between 800-1200 in the mile) - you did well yesterday.

Why is it sideways?

You remember quarter mile splits from 16 years ago? Sheesh I thought I was bad.
                    jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

You remember quarter mile splits from 16 years ago? Sheesh I thought I was bad.
                      I'm just glad to know that there are others like me out there.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I'm just glad to know that there are others like me out there.
                        I can remember those, my place, plus all the times that my teammates got in races - even the top 7 for cross country. My friend quizzed me on senior year cross country times (we had the scrapbook) - I was in the high 90% accuracy. Photographic memory. Can't remember names to save my life though Roll eyes
                        nkeliher

Running nut

Great job and great times.
                            ...on a hot, humid day...
                            Humid days are the worst. Congrats to the OP.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I don't remember my own times. I'm lucky to remember the distances. In fact, I don't remember 300m anything, but have seen that at some local meets recently -- when did that show up?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

H RIMZ

no you misread its 3200m not 300m