Bejing Pollution - ESPN piece (Read 990 times)

xor

Geez...I cease to be amazed.
    Ok!

mp30

They have less land, therefore less air per person. - R
      huh? i don't get this sentence. air has borders? i don't know, never been there or LA, but i've seen pics of people in China walking around with face masks, not so in LA or other parts of US. I know Toronto has horrible air, i'm thankful i don't live there whenever we go and visit family. course, i live in new england which is supposed to be bad, but at least i can breathe, and we have tons of trees to filter some of the stuff.
        And you know, when the topic of boycotting these games came up about 90% of those polled were against it. The most common reponses had to do with being against bringing politics into it. Politcs *****! It's downright criminal to have human beings have to compete in this gas chamber. It is dangerous.! The **** with politics. That has nothnig do do with it. Some of the rotten stuff that human beings continue to do to other human beings is almost beyond comprehenison. It's enough to make a person angry! Angry
        Hi Jim, For the race that are held in the bird's nest stadium, it won't be bad. There is aircon in this semi-open stadium. I went to watch a race in May and it was 95F but it was very cool inside. You will be surprised how good the venue is.