Big honking hills and WSER Qualifier! (Read 523 times)

You'll ruin your knees!

Finished the Leona Divide 50 Mile run today...10:27:24 and I am beside myself! I started out with the intention of 1) having a good run, meaning, no fade-away/deathwalk stuff 2) test my legs in a race with NO taper (man, I hate tapering!) 3) get a read for how I hold up to the hills (preparing for Bighorn 100 Mile run in June, in Bighorn Mountains) 4) possibly get a WSER qualifier (50 mile race under 11 hours) ...result...yes to all 4!!!!!!!!!! I am at LAX waiting for the redeye flight back to Dallas and found an internet connection...soooooo.... Twas a beaut of a day in Lake Hughes California...upper 30's at the start with highs in the mid 50s with some wind, but basically a great Southern California Day!!! I'll prolly write up some more later and I'll come back an post a link to my report/pics... Here is the race website.... http://www.leonadivide.com/ G'nite, ya'll Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Great Job! Your runs and reports are always excellent, I'll look forward to reading it. For a non ultra guy, What is the WSER?
      mikeymike

Dude! Congratulations!

Runners run

Imminent Catastrophe

Great Job! Your runs and reports are always excellent, I'll look forward to reading it. For a non ultra guy, What is the WSER?
          http://www.ws100.com/ It's the "Boston" of ultras.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

http://www.ws100.com/ It's the "Boston" of ultras.
            Thanks, that looks like an amazing race
            muse_runner

keep running.

JLynn--YOU ROCK! Amazing job there... no taper huh? Is that your secret? J/k I can't wait for the full review. I'm ecstatic for you! That gets the 2000 mile boobie prize for sure. Big grin amazing....amazing! Cool
              running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Lynn, you never fail to impress and inspire. I am so totally geeked for you! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Congrats, Lynn. I'm not sure if I'm more impressed that you completed that race or that you hopped onto a plane not long after running 50 miles! Amazing.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Awesome job Lynn! You are amazing!!! I can't wait to hear the full report.