I thought the stars were in alignment for me today..... (Read 415 times)

But alas, they were not. I've been battling this chest cold for over a week and after barely trudging out a measily 2 miles for the first time in a week on the treadmill monday, i thought i was set to bring it back outside and see how it went. Ive been feeling much better, basically back to 95%. I just cant shake the goopy cough yet. But i wanted to try it. So it was a beautiful 70 today in NJ, not too much sun beaming down, I felt good, my mind felt ready to go, and my body was greatly anticipating this. Woke up at 2p, took the dogs for their walk and my warm-up walk, then dropped them off home and off I went...... The music was just right in my ears, and i was just gulping in all that beautiful air and smiling away as i walked to my starting point........and then about 1 minute into a nice easy pace, I realized this run was just not meant to be I dont know what my deal was, I was mentally ready to go, but my leggies just weren't. My lungs werent too bad, still not their best, but I felt like I was pulling an elephant with me. I went out with a goal of 4 miles (a very slow pace so not to push myself) and found myself having to walk every 1/2 mile because I just felt EXHAUSTED!! I guess I just wasnt getting the O2 I needed to keep my body going... I managed to finish the 4 miles only because I was away from home and had to get back. But I'm not happy about it and I'm REALLY starting to get annoyed at my own immune system now....I really really really hate a bad run day

Beatin' on the Rock

You were doing great until you got sick, and you'll do great again - possibly as soon as tomorrow. You are one of my favorite posters Blush so sleep well, eat well, and try again tomorrow. Let us know how it goes...? (Modified to fix lazy spelling!)
      Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.

Another Passion

Probably just the residual effects of your illness. You'll get better and there will be better running days. Hang in there! Wink

Rick
        "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
        "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
        runningforcassy.blogspot.com