Rubber? (Read 412 times)

I'm looking at some performance socks online and came across this:

82% polyester

12% nylon

4% rubber

2% spandex

I've never seen or heard of rubber in socks, other than the non-skid things on the bottom of footie pajamas.  I contacted the vendor who is not actually the manufacturer so they don't know.  Can't find the manufacturer.  

Can anyone explain the 4% rubber?

Thanks!

Yeah, well...sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

xor

elastic around the top?

elastic around the top?

if that's what it is, then I feel really stupid.  Third time this week.  Embarrassed

Yeah, well...sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

xor

First off, that's a wild guess.  No idea if that's what it is.

Second off, if you are on the '3 times a week' schedule, then you are doing well.  I seem to be on the '3 times a day' rotation.

Menace to Sobriety

elastic around the top?

+1 

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

"Rubber" could also refer to latex rubber, perhaps coated onto the other fibers (such as the polyester).  Latex binders are common in textile surface finish processing.  It could also be used to manipulate the "hand" of the fabric, perhaps to make it slightly clingier and therefore less apt to slide around on your foot.

Just thinking out loud ...

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Am I doing this right?

Maybe the sock has a dual purpose?

Sorry!  The title sent me there, and I couldn't resist.

No excuses....