yaktrak's work! (Read 790 times)

xor

Not that it matters much, but there are (at least) two kinds of yak trak... regular and "pro". The regular ones are more plasticy, the pro ones have a nicer velcro strap. Go pro, daddio. It'll help you go with the flow, don't you know. Cornholio.

De-slacking in progress

Whats the longest long run anyone done with the Pro version like I just bought? Does you feet feel the difference afterwords? I'm planning 10 miles for my yaks first time use so I guess I'll find out tomorrow. Running on a asphalt rail to trail flat course which of course will be totally snow covered.

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

De-slacking in progress

I ran 10 miles in 3 inches of snow and yaks worked great- I love them. It warmed up during winter storm and started raining so then the snow was packed solid on last the 5 miles back. No slippage at all. Then came home and ran snow blower (1/2 hr north of my run- 3x the snow- got 8"+) with the yak on- my driveway is straight up hill- again- they work great. If they last, I'll be their spokesman ( tracking mileage of use here on RA ) However, after my first snow run ever, I can tell I'll be feeling this run tomorrow

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

WTG, slap-man! I think my longest has been 11, since that's usually my cap on Winter runs. They are definitely worth every penny.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay