Favourite Running Quotes (Read 338 times)

jamlevasseur29

"The race is not always to the swift, but to those who keep on running."  After running for 38 years of my 48 on Earth, this is appropriate for me.

Yooper3.1

John 20:4.

John 20:4.

Hmmm...not a lot to go on, but he should probably increase his mileage and work in some tempos. Would get that down to sub 20 in a few weeks.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
        We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Jeremiah 2:25 - "do not run until your feet are bare and your throat is dry."

In addition to being a hella marathon runner, (and bullfrog) Jeremiah believed in hydration and decent shoes. 

Bob Falfa

I recall a quote from Joan Benoit that went something like:  When in doubt, go faster.

jeffdonahue

Here are my two favorite quotes.

"if you feel like crap... run faster.  You won't feel better, but at least you'll be done sooner."

And a quote from Jeff here on these forums (and this is by far my favorite):

"The long run puts the tiger in the cat, but if the cat's not strong enough the tiger just eats the cat and shits out a dead runner."

Mostly harmless

Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it. - Pre

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Tlonde

Today I do what others won't so tomorrow I can do what others can't

Pain is temporary, it may last a minute, an hour, a day or even a year, but eventually it will subside, and SOMETHING ELSE will take its place. If I quit, it will last forever.

Eric Thomas

5k  = 19.48 10/1/13

10k  = 45.28 4/16/13

Half Marathon = 1:38.53  Summer Sizzle 7/13/14

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/12  4:39.11

Solo O Marathon 06/02/13  3:52:10

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/13 3:40.34

dallison

registered pw

Running is a mental sport, we're all insane.

2017 goals:

sub 1:30 half 

keeponrunning

"If you're going to fall over, do it near an aid station"

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

"I hit cruise control and rubbed my eyes." - Tom Petty

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus