IT band (Read 207 times)

So my running has slowed down, and or I failed to realize what I was doing.  I run on the side of a paved road, it is gravel and does have a camber to it.  After my knee started hurting I learned that running on the sides of roads can cause issues with one knee or both because of the taper to the road.  Also my routes have alot of uphill and do hill stretches.  Anyway, as I sit here and rest my knee, I hope to be out putting on some miles again soon.  Call it inexperience.

jmctav23

2/3rds training

I was doing roughly 75% of my running on trails when I injured my IT band...

forge

Best thing i ever did was buy a foam roller, I've had issues with my IT band and hip flexor, and for the cost of a meal, it has help keep me training and off of the osteopaths table.

I just bought a foam roller this morning, luckily I am not injured too bad, it was more or less just sore and super tight.  Going on a short trot this morning with my brother to see how it feels, been off for a little while with no pain.

This also helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF20ZqdCC44

laurita

glenn119 hm   thanks for sharing the video....

my little experience, do not let a running injury keep you away from strength training, try to do something with no weight on your knees as soon as is safe to start again,  even a few weeks with no training can hurt  the knees (meniscus, ligaments)

jmctav23

2/3rds training

my little experience, do not let a running injury keep you away from strength training, try to do something with no weight on your knees as soon as is safe to start again,  even a few weeks with no training can hurt  the knees (meniscus, ligaments)

True that...while my IT band was too inflamed to run, I spent 9 months taking up rock climbing and spending more time on the bike.  When my leg let me run again, the improved core and overall strength let me come back very quickly at a better level of overall fitness than before my injury.

Dr Labelle

spam