Shorts in January (Read 750 times)

Just checked the weather forecast for Montreal and they are expecting a high of 16 C (61 F) for Saturday!!! The normals are -5 C (22 F). What the %@#$& is happening with the weather this year! I guess that I will be running in shorts. I was supposed to bring my daughter to her x-country ski class. I guess it wont happen. - R
      West of the Mississippi is getting the crap kicked out of it. The east is nice now. Next year it could reverse, so be glad and take advantage. But you're right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One wonders when July in Nome AK averaged cooler than Dec in Indiana (different years though) Well that is the nature of weather.

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Here's ours for western MI: Saturday...Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain and snow showers. Highs in the lower 40s. Chance of precipitation 30 percent. What's up when Canada is warmer than any part of the US (aside from Alaska)? This year has been warmer than average here, too. We had one week of "normal" snowy, cold weather in early Dec. and that was about it. I'm kinda liking it. After dealing with chronic pains that are finally letting up after running in that snow I am really hoping we don't see much more snow for the rest of the season...but given that season doesn't really let up until April or so, I have a feeling we won't be lucking out. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

2006 has been the rainiest year ever recorded here. December was the warmest ever recorded. Saturday's forecast is 6 F higher than ever recorded for any day in January. Not the variation you would expect between a year and the next. Something seems definitely fishy with the weather lately. Confused
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That reminds me, I need to rent Al Gore's documentary. I have heard that it is very well done and also quite terrifying. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

It's just an El Nino year. Just like the last time. I think the world ended then, too. Made a nice comeback, though. Until the Y2K bug wiped it all out, of course. You'll get your cold winter soon enough. Guaranteed. As for the "warmest temperature ever" ... well, there are plenty of 11th century Vikings that might disagree you. And they have axes and hats with pointy horns, so I wouldn't debate their point. Now that was some warm weather. Look it up. Pretty much the entire Middle Ages was warmer than it is today. More severe weather, too. http://www.hno.harvard.edu/gazette/2003/04.24/01-weather.html I'm more worried about the next ice age. I'll need new gloves. And I refuse to believe a word Al Gore says until he fixes the Internet. I think I broke it.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
              -----------------------------

Why is it sideways?

Now that was some warm weather. Look it up. Pretty much the entire Middle Ages was warmer than it is today. More severe weather, too. http://www.hno.harvard.edu/gazette/2003/04.24/01-weather.html I'm more worried about the next ice age. I'll need new gloves. And I refuse to believe a word Al Gore says until he fixes the Internet. I think I broke it.
                Careful, JK, I found these words in one of your posts: "Anyone who brings up politics on this board ... is, by definition and by virtue of my unilateral decree, a wootless asshat." signed the dirty hippie.
                JakeKnight

"Anyone who brings up politics on this board ... is, by definition and by virtue of my unilateral decree, a wootless asshat." signed the dirty hippie.
                  Wise words indeed. Point taken. Hippie. But did I really use the word "woot?" What an asshat.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                  -----------------------------

I agree it's an El Nino year. However, El Nino comes around every few years and never has it been this warm or rainy around here. JK, you took out the word "recorded" in your quote. It should read "warmest temperature ever recorded". The stats only go back to the 1940s, all that happened before is just guesswork. - R
                      Most of this is just natural weather changes. After all Columbus IN, where I live was at one time under a sheet of ice a mile thick. Not sure who was driving the SUVs that caused all that to melt, just happy they did it!! Actually some of the changes have to do with the spin and tilt of the earth, it is called procession, like a gyroscope or top. This causes the jet streams to track differently, which changes the weather patterns.

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

People. Focus. You must wear shorts unless it is below 18 degrees F. Its a natural law. Sheesh.
                          When I went out yesterday morning and ran it was 34 degrees and I dressed appropriately. Today I went out and had not checked the weather and paid dearly for it as it was 54 degrees but I was dressed for much colder. Luckily it was a short run and I was finished quickly. Trent- shorts are required for under 45 degrees here in GA. That must be a TN law you are speaking of.
                          http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
                          LydiaT

I just went for my 1st run in the new year. It was much delayed due to a nasty cold. It felt so good! Today is my birthday. It is the 1st time I've ever run on my birthday in shorts. So MUCH fun!
                            Wingz

Professional Noob

Happy birthday! Smile

Roads were made for journeys...