my training plan (Read 396 times)

hi everyone,

i used to run back in 2010/11 i trained for a year for dublin marathon but got injured on the day and got fed up of running after being out for 3 months. now i wanna get back now and my plan is to do base training first 3 months of it. i have 1 week done 51 km all slower than an 5 minute km. i plan to get to 100 km by the end of 3 months, all over 5 min km

is this to much?

could i build up faster?

in 2011 in the build up to the marathon my best run was 79.15 for a half marathon. was goin for 2.55 in the marathon, went trough half way bang on time and about mile 15 i hurt my it band and had to walk the rest 4.15 is what i did.

any help would be much apprecated.

lil more info

im 28, i weigh 70kg, i am 5f7,

SMART Approach

Give yourself at least 6  months of a slow build up if you have not run for a couple years. 3 months is too fast. Your body takes time. You don't want to get reinjured.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

first week done and im not stiff, i think im gonna stick with it i talked to a coach from my old clud, he said i should be fine too take all easy and come to him then and hel stick me on a interval program, my goal is to run 35 for 10k by the end of the year, il update here regulary

some call me Tim

Right on.

Sounds fine to me, so long as you only run hard one or two days a week and skip or scale back days when you don't feel up to it. Do it so that you enjoy your training. It took me years to get that through my thick skull... that it didn't have to be all puking and injuries. Just enjoy it, find a rhythm to the training- everything else will come.

ok so week 2 done. by the way when i said i hope too get 35 in 10 k by the end of the year i meant a year from now, i meant to do 55 k this week but i had a cold, didnt feel great today so i did 10 k instead of the planned 15k, so 50k done this week. il do 55k next week, al slower than an 8 minute mile.

hi every1

week 3 done and i got over 55k, it was easy and enjoyable, 60k is next weeks plan, i need advice from the sub 35min 10k runners out there. should i start to up the pace yet or jus keep uping the distance on it own? next week i will do 10k 4 times and 20k once.

i have my training on public now so feel free to look

ulikunkel

You have a half marathon time of 2:04 listed on your calender.  Sorry, but 35 min 10k sounds a little ambitious.  Thankfully, I know you are trolling.

ok so week 2 done. by the way when i said i hope too get 35 in 10 k by the end of the year i meant a year from now, i meant to do 55 k this week but i had a cold, didnt feel great today so i did 10 k instead of the planned 15k, so 50k done this week. il do 55k next week, al slower than an 8 minute mile.

I am notso sure he is trolling, maybe a bit naive. The 2:04 Half could be a trail race. Went to a lot of trouble to upload those workouts if he is in fact trolling and then the joke is on him.

It gets exponentially tougher to take seconds off the faster you get, so a 50 min 10k -> 35 min 10k is over reaching to say the least, but maybe not if he truly ran a sub 80 min half marathon, and he is running those 10k runs really easy. If he was aiming to run a 2:55 marathon and was on pace through the half, meaning he ran around 1:25 half, the second half must've been truly miserable to finish in 4:15, i.e went from 6:30/mile pace to 12:30 pace.

hello again,

i dont kno what trolling means but i dont think im 1 of those. i did run a half marathon in 2:04, but i was tryin to help a guy get to 2 hrs he didn make it, all my running so far has being pretty easy, slighty harder this week but i wont be racing for 6 more weeks anyway. i think i need to get fit first so lots of slow building up the miles, i believe i can do it, i got 79:15 in less than a year in 2011 its on here somewhere. please follow this post guys i am confident i can do it. il start runnin harder when i can do 100k a week easy

i measured this football pitch ive been runnin on with a garmin too, i taught it was 500m but its 490m so i have been 200m short on every 10k up till tuesday the 30 of september (yesterday), was doing 20 laps now doing 20 1/2 laps

To be hit with a football bat?

football pitch

Take my advice: Pull down you're pants and slide on the ice

to happy feet,

your right about the marathon i was sound up to 15miles then i tour my IT band and limped home the last 11 miles, it was torture but i wanted to finish cause it was my first 1, no intention of doing a marathon this year i wanna concentrate on 5k and 10k, maybe i am a bit too ambisious but i believe if i can stick at it i will do it. some1 please explain what a troll is?

As I understand it a troll is someone who is looking to stir up trouble on the internet by posting controversial topics and knowingly puts out false information, just to see how others react and enjoys the ensuing arguments.

I think the reason you are not getting more helpful advice is that you are faster than most of us and can't really help you, yet not putting in the work that other talented runners will take you seriously.  Keep up what you are doing and post your progress and eventually  you'll get helpful advice once you show your commitment.

Getting from where you are to running 100k/week is quite an undertaking, and take your time getting there. You are looking to double your run volume, let us know  your plan to get there, and maybe someone will show you if you are on the right path.

The one thing I can point out is maybe vary that daily run distance a bit and run a couple of medium long runs of about 70-75 minutes, in addition to the long run.  Running the same route/distance/pace everyday is not only not smart training, but also can get boring after a while.