What's the weather like where you are? (Read 2090 times)

Spring is finally coming to Poland. I know it's going to be a slow process. Spring never just explodes here but takes her own sweet time. But who is complaining? Yesterday we had SUN! Temps were in low 40's. Had warmer temps before but no sun so it doesn't count. There is some rain in the forecast for today but I am all excited about life awakening again. It will be another 'lets look for spring sings' run. Oh, did I say that birds are sining their little throats out? No bunnies yet. I guess they are in training. Wink Ewa
    I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
      COLD and F%%$%$^ WINDY and did I mention F#$%%*&* WINDY? Angry

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Cold & windy here too. Today's forecast high is 13 degrees with the wind chill knocking it down to -8. A tip of the hat to you morning runners who can get out in this kind of weather. I got caught in an intense little snow squall yesterday between miles 6 + 8 of a 10 mile run. It got very dark & windy; the snow came down so hard I couldn't see 30' in front of me. It was right around when school was getting out & I had a fleeting thought I was going to be run over by a school bus because of lack of visibility. By mile 8 the snow had stopped & the sun came out. It was "fun" in a sick kind of way.

Wasatch Speedgoat

60's and sunny all week! Smile Now THIS is why I moved to New Mexico from New Hampshire last year Wink

Life is short, play hard!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Niiice...NOT! Guess I won't be running tomorrow AM--I'm sick of running in snow and just ran in -1ยบ windchill today--but at least it was sunny: HEAVY SNOW WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 AM EST WEDNESDAY Rest Of Tonight...Snow. New snow accumulation 2 to 4 inches for storm totals of 6 to 9 inches. Lows 15 to 20 near lake michigan and near 10 inland. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 90 percent. I'm am SO sick of this crap.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Freakishly sunny and warm instead of gloomy and cold as usual.
                Schools Closed! Enough said Angry

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Sad School is not closed here. I wish it would be. When school is out my work is closed. I made the mistake of thinking I could sleep in today so I was really bummed when I still had to get out from under the covers at 6:00 (I have no right to complain since my husband is up at 5:00 every day). The snow is still falling, maybe the schools will let out early.

Michelle

You wanna come watch my kids and I'll go to work for you? Oh I have to get up that early every morning too Angry

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We still have school, too. I'm not running today. I'm tired of trudging through snow on runs, expecially since there's a lot of ice in patches under the snow from previous thaw/re-freeze cycles, so I wouldn't be able to see it under the snow--not a good idea to run under those conditions. It's weights for me, today. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Big grin My husband is home, he can watch some extra kids! I'm at work right now (can't you tell??)....I don't have to be here until 8:00, but I drop my 10th grader off at school at 7:10 and come into work early, so I use this time as Internet play time.

Michelle

I was sick of snow with the very first snow flake. I think I'm getting old and cranky with how much I complain these days. I will be running on the treadmill at 10:30 a.m., I work a split shift to share the shuffle with the kids' schedules. Our youngest is in half-day kindergarten and has to be at school at 12:50. I work 8-10 and then back again 1-5, my husband works from home 6-10 and then goes into the office 11-3. I like it since that means on days when I don't feel like getting my butt out of bed at 5:15 to jump on the treadmill I can wait until I get back home at 10:00 ish. Most of my running is on the treadmill, it just works out better for my schedule. And, I don't like to run by myself outside...it's creepy.

Michelle

I want my husband home!!!!!! Damn I'll even take running on a treadmill today (dh hasn't ordered the piece ours need to be able to use it). Freak winter!

I am much too easily distracted *lol* (see, I'm still working hard this morning).... What is wrong with your treadmill? How did you decide to fix rather than buy a new one? Mine hasn't been able to display the proper mileage since about 8 months ago, drives me crazy!! My treadmill is over 4 years old and I'm about ready for a new one, this one was a gift from my mom, I want to actually pick my own out. I'm not sure how long treadmills last, this is the only one we've ever had. There are some days when my husband decides to work from home the entire day and I have mixed emotions about it. I love that he's home but then I can't go on the Internet since he's logged onto work from home!! I need to feed that addiction too (like running).

Michelle

rockenmamof5 ---- Four boys and one girl, have you determined that you are happy to have just one girl? I most certainly have! My daughter is enough emotion to be 10 girls, she is 11 going on 20. I am SOOOO happy to have three boys and just one girl. She's evil. Smile

Michelle