The wierdest thing that has happened in my bedroom is... (Read 918 times)

Oh, man, bees would freak me the heck out! That reminds me...a friend of mine's hubby was stung by a brown recluse spider (Eryn, this would be Laura's DH). I could swear it happened when he crawled into bed. That's some nasty, truly horrifying thing. I'm very thankful that we don't really have those spiders in MI. I HATE spiders, but I have a special place of horror reserved for ones with venom that is flesh-eating. k
    I don't know what bubble you are living in, dear, but we DO have brown recluse spiders in Michigan!!! My ex & his wife killed 3 at their house last year. And he has carried a few patients that had been bitten by one (he's a paramedic). And do you remember that surgical resident we had in our program the first year I worked for Doc...the one I couldn't get along with...he was working in Gaylord & went to a dirtbike race & one bit his finger (it was inside his racing gloves). He ended up in the hospital that night & lost feeling in his finger for several months...not a good thing for a surgeon! And yes, they were definitely brown recluse, confirmed by the spider geeks (what do you call the insect experts, I don't remember).
    So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Entymologists, I think.... Don't tell me we have BRs in this state--man, I live in an 80 year old house! k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...I wonder if people aren't reporting brown recluse bites, then. According to our state DNR there has only been one confirmed BR in the state: michigan.gov/dnr Freaks me out how much those things look like those fishing/huntsman spiders we get in our house, though. *shiver* k

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

michigan.gov/dnr Freaks me out how much those things look like those fishing/huntsman spiders we get in our house, though. *shiver* k
          Great. And now I've got an actual picture to go along with my nightmare. Thanks. And here in Tennessee, there ain't any question of whether we've got them. My landlord got bitten by one. On the leg. They had to scoop a chunk of meat out of his thigh. On the plus side, the scar is pretty cool.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
          -----------------------------

Great. And now I've got an actual picture to go along with my nightmare. Thanks. And here in Tennessee, there ain't any question of whether we've got them. My landlord got bitten by one. On the leg. They had to scoop a chunk of meat out of his thigh. On the plus side, the scar is pretty cool.
            Sorry to give you nightmares!! And to think this all started with weird bedroom things! Smile Anyways, they do leave some pretty impressive messes behind! My ex carried a patient back a few years that had been bitten by a brown recluse. The neighbors in the apartment building called the police due to a bad smell coming from his apartment & he didn't answer his door. The police knocked the door in & they found him in his chair in front of the tv in septic shock. Most of the right side of his torso was oozing & necrotic & mushy Dead because he didn't seek treatment. On the up side, he had saved the spider when he killed it, so they knew what it was. Ok, that probably didn't help your nightmare situation JakeKnight. Sorry! Blush And Kirsten, they must not report, cause I can think of 2 off the top of my head that Todd has carried & several more that have come in thru ER that Doc has operated on. And also that surgical resident.
            So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
            JakeKnight

The police knocked the door in & they found him in his chair in front of the tv in septic shock. Most of the right side of his torso was oozing & necrotic & mushy Dead because he didn't seek treatment. On the up side, he had saved the spider when he killed it, so they knew what it was.
              I'm just going to start drinking heavily now. Dead

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
              -----------------------------

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm just going to start drinking heavily now. Dead
                Whachoo havin'? Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay