Garmin 305 question (Read 741 times)

Hey everyone! Has anybody used a gamin 305 to the fullest extent of the battery life yet? I am slated for a trail endurance even that I expect will take me 13 to 14 hours to complete. i was wondering if my garmie will see me through. Any thoughts are much appreciated!
      I think the specs said 10 hours - and you would probably have to be in Smart Mode to get that. I've never tested mine though. Maybe you could put a laptop in your backpack and charge it up via the USB port to get those last few hours. Clowning around

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

I used the 205 on a 50k thios weekend and it lasted over 10 1/2 hours - then I turned it off. It beeped at me to tell me the battery was low, somewhere along 8 or 9 hours, but it didn't go out on me.
        Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
          I think the specs said 10 hours - and you would probably have to be in Smart Mode to get that. I've never tested mine though. Maybe you could put a laptop in your backpack and charge it up via the USB port to get those last few hours. Clowning around
          HAH! That would suck carrying a laptop in the old pack. But.. It may he most feasible solution to this problem. Or I could choose shorter events. Confused
            Never used anything like this, but it looks lighter than a laptop.

sean

That looks promising.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

That looks interesting. I wonder what retailer you could find one of those at.
                  i'd be hesitant to use something like that. recharging a battery operated device is not just about having a means to recharge. if the rate the battery is recharged is too fast or too slow (at too high or too low of a current) then you could end up damaging your garmin's battery life in the long run. check the specs on the garmin for current and voltage during battery recharging. if they match up then you might give it a try, but i'd be cautious.