Top of Foot Pain, Anyone? (Read 1995 times)

keeponrunning

Just a history check:  when did that style of lacing start getting called "Lyriard lacing"?  Because my mom taught me how to do it as a young kid, and she's been doing it since she did track in the....well, I better not say.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Of course I'm not surprised AT ALL if he actually didn't invent that lacing system--he simply "popularized" it.  He wasn't doing it in the 1960s; he put it in in his book in 1978.  So I'd say in early to mid-1970s.  I've run with 4 of the original Arthur's runners in the 1960s.  2 of them do this lacing and swear by it.  Other 2 not so much.

Just a history check:  when did that style of lacing start getting called "Lyriard lacing"?  Because my mom taught me how to do it as a young kid, and she's been doing it since she did track in the....well, I better not say.

I'm so glad I stumbled on to this thread! I've been having the same mysterious pain for awhile now and never thought it might be a lacing issue! Relacing ASAP!

My wife......VERY beginner runner was complaining about top-of-foot issues.  I saw this thread or a simliar recent one.  Looked into the parallel  lacing and RE-laced her shoes for her in that style.  Two weeks now and no paAndorra discomfort.  She is shocked something that simple made that much difference.

Keep the running and fitness up and keep the weight from coming back.

Run more miles than last year.