131 days (Read 766 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Imminent Catastrophe

Cool. I wonder why he picked 131?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

He explains. He is running in honor of the Marines. A marathon distance run per day, each day from July 4 through Veteran's Day (131 days). Crazy! I may have to search him out and run with him some day when I'm in Louisville.
        Do you think he can make it? Has this been done before - run 81 in 4:27:29 - amazing

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
        Thyroid Support Group

Thanks for the link! I mentioned it in this week's round up post about what I wrote about last year (obviously mentioning that this was going in connection with something that happened last year).

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

To keep Katrina victims in the spotlight, Sam Thompson ran 50 marathons in 50 states in 50 days http://www.50in50in50.com/. I remember a physician warning him that he was running a risk of permanent damage to his body, so I can only assume that the potential for damage is even greater for more than doubling the schedule to 131 days. I can't begin to comprehend the physical and mental toughness it would take to even dream of completing such a feat. My hat's off to Mr Alsop. (Modified to add: found the story I mentioned above: http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/08/15/thompson.marathons/index.html )

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

When Sam was a child, he was badly injured and told he would never even walk again. Guess not. Read all about him in Marathon and Beyond...
                These two are clearly members of the "crazy in a good way" running club. Trent, how do you feel about 26.2 for 131 days? As a physician, wouldn't you advise against it?

E.J.
                Greater Lowell Road Runners
                Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Do you think he can make it? Has this been done before - run 81 in 4:27:29 - amazing
                  Terry Fox attempted to run across Canada in the early 1980's to raise money for cancer research (He had his right leg amputated 15 centimetres (six inches) above the knee.). He would run about 42KM per day until he had to abandon his run on day 143 when it was discovered the cancer had spread to his lungs. Brad Alsop and Terry Fox are both pretty amazing.
                    Terry Fox .
                    I remember seeing Terry Fox and his mission when I was a runner in high school. Was very inspiring, and sad.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Terry Fox attempted to run across Canada in the early 1980's to raise money for cancer research (He had his right leg amputated 15 centimetres (six inches) above the knee.). He would run about 42KM per day until he had to abandon his run on day 143 when it was discovered the cancer had spread to his lungs. Brad Alsop and Terry Fox are both pretty amazing.
                      Thanks, Jason - I had forgotten about Terry Fox - thanks so much for reminding me

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                      Thyroid Support Group

The Danish runner Jesper Olsen ran across the world in about 2 years. I believe he did about 42-50km per day - pushing a babyjogger with gear. I guess that is about a marathon per day for 700 days. On the way, when in Australia, he entered and won a very prestigious 6-day race - and then continued. Here is a link to his site http://www.worldrun.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=14&Itemid=394 I guess you could call him slightly mad :-)
                        Run more.