2013 Holiday Running Streak (Read 698 times)

DaBurger

15+ for the long run on the 15th day (My streak started 11/30), moved up because of the storm inbound, joined more miles than degrees club for first time.  Let it snow.

Know thyself.

4 on day 19. It was below 7F this morning but felt fine after my tips of my fingers warmed up. Had a beardsicle afterwards. 19 days in & my legs ar feeling fairly spry. The running gods are capricious so I'll leave it at that.

Ojo

Wimped out on my marathon today (snowstorm) but still managed to run 12 miles on my own.  

Hope everyone is holding up well with the cold temps!

Sara

MM #2929

Wimped out on my marathon today (snowstorm) but still managed to run 12 miles on my own.  

Hope everyone is holding up well with the cold temps!

Anyone who ran Roxbury today is super hardcore (and crazy). Nice work on the 12!

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
          We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Only 2 km on day 16. I woke up with a terrible cold - stuffed nose, sore throat, aching all over. I got better towards evening, then I went to work for two hours and then I thougt if I can work, I can run. But I deliberately did only 2 km od TM, I didn't want to push it.

joescott

9 on very slick roads, sidewalks.  Very very slow to make sure I didn't hurt myself!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

10 mile race in pretty crappy wind and rain on day 18 of my streak. It kind of sucked to be out there, but the race ended at a brewery, where we got a pint glass and 6 beer tickets, plus food and (actually pretty decent) live music. Also, I broke 2400 miles for the year (for the first time ever) during this race. I'll be over 2500 by the end of the year.

PRs: 5K: 21:25, 10K: 44:05, HM: 1:38:23* (downhill), M: 3:32:09

mikeymike

Streak rolled on today with the usatf xc club national championships. Too much fun.

Runners run

xhristopher

We're getting some snow through tomorrow evening. I'm less worried about getting 1 mile than getting 17. I plan on buying a one day pass for the Y. Haven't done a long run on the treadmill in a couple years.

After spending most of the day outside in ~12* readying the garage and yard for our first real snow, I hit the treadmill for today's 2 miles rather than face the cold again.  The morning is supposed to bring sleet, I'm busy from noon on, so likely another treadmill day unless the storm ends early.

Fanilow

1.25 @ 10:30pm. There is so much snow that the are no sidewalks. It was a parking lot madness mile.

2014 goals

Well, there's always next year.

Day 50 for my streak.  I got in 7+ at 5:30 this morning in the snow.  It was a little slippery, but not too bad.

Christirei

Day 23 for me, five miles in a perfectly chilly no wind 16 degree morning. the ice/wetness cleared yesterday so it was a nice worry free run today

xhristopher

15+ for the long run on the 15th day (My streak started 11/30), moved up because of the storm inbound, joined more miles than degrees club for first time.  Let it snow.

Cool. Your streak can't end until at least Jan 3rd.

mikeymike

2 miles in the pitch black at 5:30am hungover with sore legs before heading to the airport. Still in it!

Runners run