What on earth do the "R" recovery numbers on my heart rate monitor mean? (Read 813 times)

I got a Timex heart rate monitor and I have no idea what the R values in the recovery mode are about (they display as part of the review mode). I mean, I know that how fast my heart recovers from exercise is a measure of how good of shape it is in, but is there some R-scale out there that I am missing? Timex's website has nothing about it.

Goals: 1. Finish One Hour Runner Program 2. Train for and run a 10K in late winter 3. Run a half in late spring 4. Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco, Oct 2009

JakeKnight

Apparently nobody else knows, either. Too bad. I was curious.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

Yeah, I think I'll write Timex and ask. There's nothing in the user manuals about it... If I find anything out, I'll post it here.

Goals: 1. Finish One Hour Runner Program 2. Train for and run a 10K in late winter 3. Run a half in late spring 4. Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco, Oct 2009

De-slacking in progress

All it does is show up how many beats per time period (either one or two minutes depending on how you set up your watch) that you heart slows down after you hit the lap STOP button. I think the theory is the more it drops back down closer to normal the better fit you are for that same type of run/ course/effort. So a higher number would be better.(faster recovery)

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

xor

<obscure> It means you can eat an oyster. </obscure>