I usually hate Old Navy ads, but... (Read 450 times)

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

...is anyone else digging this batch they've got out now, with Chevy Chase and the original actors of both versions* of the Griswold family?

*I don't know who the actors in Vegas Vacation were, and don't care.  There are only two, maybe three legitimate Vacation movies as far as I'm concerned.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

I love those ads! And the only 'Vacation' movies I acknowledge are the original one and the Christmas one.
      mab411

Proboscis Colossus

And the only 'Vacation' movies I acknowledge are the original one and the Christmas one.

Eeeeeexactly.  European Vacation was close, but no self-identifiable cigar.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Totally. European Rusty!

kcam

The ads are OK but I don't like how they refuse to show Beverly D'Angelo for more than a microsecond.  She must not be holding up well, or has had a little too much surgery?

European Vacation did have the gratuitous boob shot (German beer girl with Rusty) so it has that going for it but I also like original Vacation and Christmas Vacation best.

kaleidoscopeEyes

...is anyone else digging this batch they've got out now, with Chevy Chase and the original actors of both versions* of the Griswold family?

*I don't know who the actors in Vegas Vacation were, and don't care.  There are only two, maybe three legitimate Vacation movies as far as I'm concerned.

Actually, they included actors from three of the Vacation movies (there were 4 in total).

Besides Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo, they used

Anthony Michael Hall & Dana Barron;  original Rusty & Audrey (Vacation)

Jason Lively;  Rusty2.0 (European Vacation)

Juliette Lewis;  Audrey3.0 (Christmas Vacation)

However, the reunion was incomplete for me because they didn't get Johnny Galecki (Rusty3.0 from Christmas Vacation, better known asLeonard from The Big Bang Theory).  Sadly, Audrey2.0 (Euro-Audrey) passed away a while back at an early age.

ETA:  I don't care about Vegas Vacation either.  They should have just kept it a trilogy.

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Actually, they included actors from three of the Vacation movies (there were 4 in total).

Besides Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo, they used

Anthony Michael Hall & Dana Barron;  original Rusty & Audrey (Vacation)

Jason Lively;  Rusty2.0 (European Vacation)

Juliette Lewis;  Audrey3.0 (Christmas Vacation)

However, the reunion was incomplete for me because they didn't get Johnny Galecki (Rusty3.0 from Christmas Vacation, better known asLeonard from The Big Bang Theory).  Sadly, Audrey2.0 (Euro-Audrey) passed away a while back at an early age.

ETA:  I don't care about Vegas Vacation either.  They should have just kept it a trilogy.

Ah, thanks for clarifying.  It went by so fast, I missed which Rusty they had.

That is sad about Euro-Audrey.  She nailed the "whiny teen girl who just wants to be with her boyfriend" thing pretty well, one of the highlights of that installment.