trying to get mileage to 50+ per week. Are short runs options or a waste of time. (Read 2055 times)

Also reading this thread sort of slaps me in the face with my current circumstance.

I suffered a pelvic stress fracture a few weeks ago and was sort of struggling to figure out what I did wrong. I wasn't running any sort of crazy mileage that I hadn't run before.  I had been getting in workouts (including some quality long runs) more consistently than ever though. I think in hindsight splitting up those easy 1 hour runs could have helped.  

At the same time I felt like I was recovering great, hittling all my workouts really well. Sometimes the answer is not so obvious.

I don't know how your fitness was for your ½ marathon in May, but your recent long runs were quite close to the same pace unless there're big reasons for why you're faster now or were slower on that day. 

22km @ 4:20/km when your half PB is 4:12/km seems like it may have been a pretty hard workout.

I don't know how your fitness was for your ½ marathon in May, but your recent long runs were quite close to the same pace unless there're big reasons for why you're faster now or were slower on that day. 

22km @ 4:20/km when your half PB is 4:12/km seems like it may have been a pretty hard workout.

Since May I had vastly improved. Overall pace of that particular workout can be a bit misleading as it was 5k, 4k, 3k tempo with 1k recoveries. So I hit the tempos pretty good, and just jogged what felt good for recovery, wu and cd. So in total 12k of that was at 4:00/km and it was tough but not too hard.