When life happens... and screws up your training schedule ??? (Read 916 times)

kcam

Those are called 'rest' days. Enjoy them.

De-slacking in progress

I just sleep less to make time for running. I can get by with 6-6.5 hours training twice a day. But I like at least one 45 minute nap on weekend long run days. I'll get plenty of sleep when I am dead.
      I work 14 hrs days (70-80hrs per week). So this is the first time I had the problem of working exercise into my plan since Oct 2007. Only been running a few weeks.I had to get up early to takle the problems- all required appointments so I've only been getting approx 4 hrs sleep instead of 6. Anyhow- you made me feel guilty so I went on 3.5 hrs sleep and got up and ran my 2.1 miles then jumped in shower just in time to make it to my appointment. Which I'm glad I did run- It actually is starting to make me feel better instead of me cursing every step. My goal- and I told this to my DW back in October 2007, is that NOTHING will prevent me from accomplishing my goals. (except this past Monday :noSmile So when I fall asleep here at work at 3:00 am- it's all you're peoples fault !! Big grin

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

st2 - Bravo to you!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Good job getting out ther and getting the run in. Let the endorphins from that run carry you through the day / night. As the college kids say, we can sleep when we're dead, right? Big grin
          I work 14 hrs days (70-80hrs per week). So when I fall asleep here at work at 3:00 am- it's all you're peoples fault !! Big grin
          I'm with you bro. I start work at about 5pm and get off at 6am. Then I run when the sun's coming up. Beautiful. Good luck and stick with it!

~Mike