More miles than degrees club (Read 4509 times)

13.5 miles in 8 degrees.

Ojo

Ran 6 miles -- started out at -7 and warmed up to -2 when the sun came out.

Sara

MM #2929

SubDood

Stupid Minnesota...

The high temp on Monday is expected to reach about -15 deg F. That's the HIGH temp! Winds gusting up to 23 mph. The Governor has ordered all public schools to be closed due to dangerously cold conditions. Not sure what the windchill factor works out to, but frostbite would occur in about 4 minutes or so.

If it's true that you need to run at least 1 mile for this club, it's not worth risking frostbite. I re-sign from this club. Again.

Stupid Minnesota.

Finally joined the club today.  3.4 miles at -2F.  Actually wasn't bad at all - far better than 80F.

Course, I was wearing over $300 of high tech gear, not including the shoes and watch.  Nearly all the cold weather gear I own - polartek leggings, windbreaker pants.  Two tech shirts ("free" from races), polartek and windbreaker jackets, polartek balaclava and gloves.

bpangie

Been there a few times, but last night was the worst so figured I'd give it a mention. -8 without the wind chill - I was afraid to look... - did 8.7. Body wasn't too bad but my face was pretty cold. I'll take those sweltering days anytime over this...

Ben

Running Life Between

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

6+ in 3 degree temps this morning.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

9F here in VA this morning.  18 miles in the log.  Beard frosted up.  Bluf froze solid.  A beautiful run.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Imminent Catastrophe

107 miles at Across the Years. the temperature was somewhere below 107.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Ojo

Wow!  Congratulations!

Sara

MM #2929

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

LOL.  Yeah, that's impressive.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

You win.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I'm thinking a load of folks gonna be scoring this one in the coming days...

Depending on when I run on Monday, I only need to run between -19 and -4 miles.  Running backwards for that long would hurt though.

I'm thinking a load of folks gonna be scoring this one in the coming days...

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                            Emil Zatopek

ultramarathon/triathlete

I made it in.

Yesterday I raced the Watchung Trail Marathon (I have a short RR in the race thread).

1 degree F at the start, 26.2 miles.   Done.

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                              Gatorade Endurance Team

Hoodoo Guru

Hey, that's cheating awesome!

The tangents are moot.