Crunchy Runnin'! (Read 522 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Are you ready for the 17 year Cicadas? This is the first that I have lived in an area that really gets them (though not like the Chicago area does, luckily), so I'm kinda freaked-out a little by the reports of them blanketing the ground and falling out of trees. I tend to run in a lot of tree-covered areas. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

shyrunner07

are they back again? I remember a couple years ago a lot of the papers and tv stations were making a big deal about them...i think the infestation turned out to be more south of us. Good thing too- the idea of things falling out of the trees kinda gives me the willies. *shudders* Hopefully it won't be too bad this year...
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The last time the 17 year infestation happened was the year I met did--how wild is that?! Maybe he's really a bug in disguise! Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

shyrunner07

haha! Big grin does he have a tendency to fall out of trees?
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

No, but that's probably only because he doesn't climb them. It would take a mighty big tree to hold his weight! Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

ohmyheck! Shocked ok. those are creepy! I'd probably go 15 different kinds of apespit if one of those fell on me! Dead on my long run Saturday, I was dodging snails...they were all over one part of the boardwalk.

Jennifer mm#1231

I think I'd be hitting the treadmill until the crunchies were gone. That would gross me out if I stepped on them while running...crunch, squish, crunch, squish...GROSS.

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think I'd be hitting the treadmill until the crunchies were gone. That would gross me out if I stepped on them while running...crunch, squish, crunch, squish...GROSS.
                  Heh, I wish that were an option, but I think when I run my 25k that we will be in the midst of the infestation. No way I could do those long runs on a treadmill, anyhow. Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

Good point, doing more than an hour on the treadmill tends to get a little mind numbing....guess you'll have to turn up the volume on your ipod and drown out the crunches....and keep your mouth closed for if/when the little creatures jump from the trees.

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ack, I hope I don't inhale any! Time to start breathing through my nose, more!

~ Sarah Kay

shyrunner07

*has a serious case of the heebie jeebies after reading this thread*
                          As long as you can fling 'em off and they don't stick like June bugs, I'd say we're still in good shape!!! Big grin (Still not looking forward to it though!!)
                            I was in Norway this summer and did some runs where I had to dodge gigantic slugs on the sidewalks & streets. They were everywhere! Squished, green slug all over. It looked like a massive attack of Canada geese had just ended! Tight lipped
                            So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
                              I'm not scared of alot, but I hate the way certain bugs feel if they land on you. Like a grasshopper...that makes me scream like a little girl!! Cicadas creep me out!
                              So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
                                Okay, not quite crunchy running since I've never stepped on one. I just wanted to share how neat looking this moth is. I thought it was a leaf at first.

Michelle