Spikes! (Read 257 times)

If you asked me 10 years ago whether I'd ever need spiked shoes, I'd say "Yeah, for adult baseball or softball, maybe." Welp, here I am buying track cleats!

Any recommendations from among these? I normally run Mizuno, but am open to suggestions.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

L Train

kcam

I don't know how good those are but I have three pairs of spikes that I've bought in the last 4 years.  I don't wear any of them anymore as I prefer just wearing the lightest road flats I can find (currently using the Mizuno Wave Universe for all of my track races).  I just feel like too much of a poser (it's my own hangup, you may feel differently) out there getting the crap kicked ouf of me by spike-wearing HS kids.  At least at the start everyone knows I'm just out there for fun!

mikeymike

My daughter wears the Kilkenny, that's all I got.

I wore road flats for my 2 indoor track races this season, and likely will again next time I race on the track. I actually enjoyed crushing a few spike-wearing high school kids in my road flats during the last 600 of my mile race.

Also, what L Train said.

Runners run

Thanks, ya'll.

I usually try to avoid poseurosity, but my nieces, wife, and sister will be there, not to mention my friend Bill, 52, he of the 4:42 road mile.

I am pretty sure I can take Brandon Spikes in the 1500, maybe not the 60.

L Train

Are you both in full pads?

kcam

I just spit coffee on my keyboard.  Very nice!

That's messed up, man.

Which reminds me: Last night they had an interview on the MSG with Bobby Orr and showed some highlights. No helmets!

L Train

Which reminds me of when I would get the Columbia House CD offers when I was younger.  You know, buy 1 CD and get 15 more for 1 cent or something like that?  There would be the album and a little description and for the band Big Pig it just said "No guitars!"

Like that was a good thing.

Anyhow, I'd pay money to watch you and Brandon Spikes on a track with full pads and helmets running 1500 meters.

I've got to get out of this place today.

The King of Beasts

Anyhow, I'd pay money to watch you and Brandon Spikes on a track with full pads and helmets running 1500 meters.

I've got to get out of this place today.

Awesome.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

If you asked me 10 years ago whether I'd ever need spiked shoes, I'd say "Yeah, for adult baseball or softball, maybe." Welp, here I am buying track cleats!

Any recommendations from among these? I normally run Mizuno, but am open to suggestions.

like running shoes, I think you need to try them on and see which ones feel the best (or hurt the least).