How hot is too hot? (Read 897 times)

About tonight's race: The Run begins and ends near the restaurant with the course winding through scenic North Wales. After the race all runners and volunteers enjoy an after race party in our parking lot. Complimentary margaritas, beer, soft drinks and tacos are served with live music provided by Mike Greer. Don’t forget to bring your I.D. Sounds like fun!! Big grin

Michelle

Burninated Peasant

Joe_h and I will be running in a 5k race tonight - temps will be around 91 (feeling like 98), chance of rain 30%. I'm very concerned that it is just going to be too hot to run. Is it safe to run in such heat? Anyone have thoughts on that?
      I ran an evening 5k last fall when the temps were in the upper 90s - I was slow, but it really wasn't too bad. If you can, try to get outside for an hour or so before the run to get acclimated to the heat. And, of course, as everyone else said, drink plenty of water beforehand.
        Well, it was hot. But, somehow it didn't feel all that bad. There were quite a few neighbors helping out with hoses and sprinklers aimed at the streets we were running on. I still prefer running in temps below 80, but I think I'm getting better at coping with the heat.

Michelle

Great job, Michelle! Congrats Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group