Spirit of the Marathon (Read 579 times)

Is anyone going to see the movie "Spirit of the Marathon" this month? The movie has been mentioned elsewhere on this site before, but it's been a while. I personally just became aware of this movie yesterday when I saw the trailer for the first time. It's a one day showing only, and it's Jan 24th! I'm not sure how widespread the showing is. I guess the movie's website will have that info: http://www.marathonmovie.com/home.html Here is a quick blurb about the movie from its website: Spirit of the Marathon is the first ever non-fiction feature film to capture the drama and essence of the famed 26.2 mile running event. Filmed on four continents, the movie brings together a diverse cast of amateur athletes and marathon luminaries. As six unique stories unfold, each runner prepares for and ultimately faces the challenge of the Chicago Marathon. More than a sports movie, Spirit of the Marathon is an inspirational journey of perseverance and personal triumph; a spectacle that will be embraced by runners and non-runners alike.

Lisa pre-nose injury

Hi, I am going in Framingham MA with two friends! Big grin
      Lisa Week 9/10 of One Hour Runner
      Coach Jeanne

Speculum Wrangler

I'm going w/ 10 gals from my training team in Columbus OH (meeting for beers beforehand, of course).

Jeanne

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

backroadrunner and I are going to see it with a friend. This will hopefully be the year that BRR and I run our first, so I'm sure it's going to be pretty motivating. From the trailer I think I will need to bring plenty of tissues, too. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

pandajenn19

A friend and I are seeing it in Chesterfield, MO. Cool At least if I can figure out how to get to Chesterfield now that the highway is shut down...