Proud of my husband (Read 592 times)

After reading this I realized just how important it is when my husband donates apheresis, as he does every six weeks all year, every year. (Yet I cringe at the thought of simply giving blood.) He goes and sits for the two hour process with both arms hooked up with blood being taken out from one and put back in the other. 5. Donating platelets. One apheresis session yields the same amount of clotting factor as six standard transfusions—and provides crucial help for burn victims, cancer patients, and organ-transplant recipients. Whose life have you saved today? The rest of the article was neat too...Small Shows of Big Strength http://men.msn.com/articlemh.aspx?cp-documentid=4966842>1=10056

Michelle

Kudo's to your dh!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Kudo's to your dh!!
        It's just a part of his routine that I've sort of gotten so used to that I didn't even give any time to learn about what it truly meant.

Michelle

Sounds like you've gotten quite a catch for a dh (other than running issue's)

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Sounds like you've gotten quite a catch for a dh (other than running issue's)
            *lol* Yeah, he still thinks I'm insane with my running! Roll eyes

Michelle

*lol* Yeah, he still thinks I'm insane with my running! Roll eyes
              NO, I"M the insane one lol.

NO, I"M the insane one lol.
                There is no doubt that if I headed out to run in the heat of the day that he would simply hide my sneakers from me for a very long time! Either that or he'd throw out comments like "okay, I'll call the ambulance now...or you'd better wear your road ID so they know who to call to pick up the body...". Tongue

Michelle

The voice of mile 18

i did that once or twice and should do it again it is a freaky to see your blood go out and come back in Dead that and it takes a long time to do an hour or two if i remember rightly. buy that guy a good beer.

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy