Recovery Drinks (Read 1158 times)

galberras

fear the Col Sanders

I guess I'll put in my devalued $.02... I am a big fan of Endurox R4 for post-run recovery. It may be all placebo but I'm still a big fan. Mmm, placebos are yummy Big grin. Anyway, when I was starting out running, a colleague of mine turned me on to the stuff. It is pricey but I only take it after long runs. As for the Accelerade stuff, I have mixed feelings. I diluted it down to keep my stomach happy but haven't used it enough to form any real opinion on it.

Just because I look dumb doesn't mean I'm not...

Bugs

chocolate milk. K.I.S.S.
      Does this have enough of the electrolyte in it? Should a person be adding some salt to the water they drink on the run?

Bugs

SMART Approach

Does this have enough of the electrolyte in it? Should a person be adding some salt to the water they drink on the run?
        Wouldn't recommend it unless extremely hot and you are going really long. Consume sport drink or gels etc during run should suffice for very long runs and/or hot days.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Bugs

Wouldn't recommend it unless extremely hot and you are going really long. Consume sport drink or gels etc during run should suffice for very long runs and/or hot days.
          I would not use it during a run, I was wondering as a post run drink? I've just been told to add more salt to my diet so I was concerned that maybe even for post run sport drink would be better.

Bugs