Hog wild! (Read 718 times)

It looks like I've added "wild boar attack" to the array of mental tricks I play on myself to run faster, along with being chased by crazed drunken hunters, the Blair Witch, Stephen King's IT, and the crazed "zombies" from the movie 28 Days Later (those muthas can move).
    LMBO!! I just posted in the Ladies Locker Room the other day how at the beginning of my run I ran into a big black snake. Then, freaked out, almost to the top of a hill I saw this big black thing going into the woods (thinking black bear, as we have them here). Just 2 tom turkeys walking together! Roll eyes When I passed the snake, though, it sounded like grease sizzling in a frying pan, along with crunching leaves when he must have been moving. Guess what I'm thinking all the time I'm out there jogging now and hear a "noise"!? Big grin
      Plus, I can't imagine any of my children actually pulling the trigger to kill an animal.
      I'll agree with you there.
      Runners around the state are getting better today ...are you one of them? TRAIN HARD
        You should have seen me crying like a baby when one of our pet hamsters escaped and found it's way to the sump pump in the basement. Cry I felt sick to my stomach, poor little thing. Hamsters can't swim.

Michelle

You should have seen me crying like a baby when one of our pet hamsters escaped and found it's way to the sump pump in the basement. Cry I felt sick to my stomach, poor little thing. Hamsters can't swim.
          Oh no...sorry! That's terrible! How long had it been missing? I remember when ours kept getting out and one night it crawled over my dad, who was sleeping in bed. He was so startled he said he just picked whatever it was up and flung it into the wall. Black eye I was just a kid, but he says that Creampuff was alright and wasn't harmed.)
            This string is positively hilarious - we've gone from 1,051 pound wild boar shot dead by an 11-year old with a .50 caliber handgun to a hampster drowning in a sump pump...
              Oh no...sorry! That's terrible! How long had it been missing? I remember when ours kept getting out and one night it crawled over my dad, who was sleeping in bed. He was so startled he said he just picked whatever it was up and flung it into the wall. Black eye I was just a kid, but he says that Creampuff was alright and wasn't harmed.)
              Cookie was old, she got out during the night. In the morning when I went to say hi to her she was gone. I searched the house for an hour and then it dawned on me to check the sump pump...just in case. Using a flashlight I finally saw her at the bottom. Poor Creampuff!

Michelle

This string is positively hilarious - we've gone from 1,051 pound wild boar shot dead by an 11-year old with a .50 caliber handgun to a hamster drowning in a sump pump...
                *lol* Sorry.

Michelle

I found a link to the bear. Got my facts a bit screwed up..it was supposedly Alaska and not Canada. I'd never heard that the image of the man (partially eaten) was just a hoax and added to the story, as I just read. Gotta warn ya, the pic of the man is verrry graphic (3rd one), but check out the bear. It's amazing how many bear attacks I found when doing a google search. Although, considering how many people are out there vs. # of attacks, probably not a lot, but still.... Tongue
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have no issue at all with responsible hunting (and I believe that most hunters ARE responsible--we only hear about the asshats who run around shooting anything that moves while intoxicated). We have so many damned deer here and there are no longer really any natural predators to thin the herd. They roam my neighborhood (we're in town...there are miles and miles of open farmland and woods for them to roam, but they prefer the easy pickin's of my garden) and decimate my plants, run across the road, get creamed by cars (I should tell the story of the deer that cleared the hood of my car as I drove on the interstate--thank god I drive a compact...anything larger and that bovine would have been ON my hood). Hunting is a major industry in a state (MI) that is hurting for $$. Now with the gas prices so high I think our tourism is even taking a huge hit. There were certainly a LOT fewer campers on the roads Mem. Day weekend. Hopefully hunting season can still bring in some cash that this state is desperate for. I like hunting. Venison is some good, lean eats. I will likely never shoot anything, myself, but if my son were to ever show any interest in hunting I would have him learn from one of the best--backroadrunner. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I like hunting. Venison is some good, lean eats. I will likely never shoot anything, myself, but if my son were to ever show any interest in hunting I would have him learn from one of the best--backroadrunner. k
                      I know I've had venison - I just don't remember it. My dad, brother, and uncles - all used to hunt. They would proudly hang the deer upside down in the back yard, or in the basement, to let the blood drain out. My dad took me along hunting once when I was 6 or 7. I cried and cried and cried. He had to come down out of the tree stand thing, and take me all the way back down the mountain and home. He was NOT happy. My 12 y/o wants to hunt but I think he's all talk - I can't imagine him hurting a living creature. But...nothing really shocks me anymore, maybe he'd love it.

Michelle

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

It looks like I've added "wild boar attack" to the array of mental tricks I play on myself to run faster, along with being chased by psychopathic hunters, the Blair Witch, Stephen King's IT, and the crazed "zombies" from the movie 28 Days Later (those muthas can move).
                        I'm also gonna add that dude who beat me at the Holt Invitational mile my senior year in high school. I am still chasing that guy 18 years later. Although I must admit the hate isn't there anymore ever since I found out he was a college teammate of Jim the Podiatrist and I got drunk with him. But I am still chasing him down every time I run. Also, imagining myself as one of the 28 Days Later zombies is also effective, but I think I run faster when I imagine they're chasing me instead of the other way around. Not that any of this has anything to do with half-ton wild boars, artillery-toting pre-teens, or hamsters in the sump pump. I'm just in one of those random moods. Clowning around

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hah, my son already thinks he's gone hunting. Last Fall Eryn and I went for a run together 2 weeks before our HM. Since my hubby was busy that day I took Dane along and Eryn's hubby watched him for the afternoon. Dan's (Eryn's DH) buddy had shot a deer the night before, but it took off. They were pretty certain it was mortally wounded, though. So that day they went to track and field dress the deer. Dane went with. The guys were worried that watching an animal be field dressed would upset him (he's a bit of a city kid, after all), but apparently all the surgical shows he has caught on cable had him pretty well prepared--he was more fascinated and curious, than anything. To this day he talks about "getting his buck." Nevermind the fact that the deer was no longer living when they found it. That's my biggest personal deterrant to hunting--not making a clean kill and knowing that I caused an animal extended suffering.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Also, imagining myself as one of the 28 Days Later zombies is also effective, but I think I run faster when I imagine they're chasing me instead of the other way around.
                            Is the sequel out, yet? I wonder if it's any good... The original was pretty cool. Though nothing beats "Shaun of the Dead." Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Is the sequel out, yet? I wonder if it's any good... The original was pretty cool. Though nothing beats "Shaun of the Dead."
                              Yeah, the sequel (28 Weeks Later) is out. Don't know much about it, but I have heard that Robert Carlyle is in it. That dude is cool as hell, esp in Trainspotting as Begbie. I "don't get around much anymore" when it comes to theater movies, so I'll have to DVD it. Ooh, it got a solid 71% on the Tomatometer. I have heard nothing but raves over Shaun of the Dead. I need to see that.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, the sequel (28 Weeks Later) is out. Don't know much about it, but I have heard that Robert Carlyle is in it. That dude is cool as hell, esp in Trainspotting as Begbie. I have heard nothing but raves over Shaun of the Dead. I need to see that.
                                Yes, RC is hella cool! I loved him in "The Full Monty," too. He definitely can play some pretty diverse characters. The guys in Shaun... are in a new flick that is also getting rave reviews, "Hot Fuzz." I can't wait to see that one. I should have been born a Brit, as I definitely love their humor. Must be my Scots blood... k

~ Sarah Kay