I am Spartacus!!! (Read 1588 times)

xhristopher

Shouldnt be too cold  - besides, since we are going for the same time, I had planned on drafting off you the entire way. 

Remember, I'm Fartacus!

Nope, requires some serious effort here.  It is a pretty tough workout.  If you do a google search for "Spartacus Workout" you can find a link to it on the Men's Health website.  My plan is to do it Mon, Wed, and Fri every week to see what I can make happen to my ab.

Just checked it out. They said, and I'm removing all context here:

"If you’re already in great shape, you can use it as a “cardio” workout"

Great! I've been looking for a cross training activity to replace that time consuming long run! No, really, it looks like real work and no frills circuit workout that will work more than just the ab, which I like.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I looked briefly, but it seemed like you couldn't see the workout unless you signed up for something.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I looked briefly, but it seemed like you couldn't see the workout unless you signed up for something.

Me too. Didn't want to end up on an email list. It's a variant of circuit training. Nothing wrong with that depending on goals. I do circuits once in a while to mix things up. I use dumbbells rather than machines. I think it's more effective plus I don't annoy other people at the gym by hogging multiple machines. One I really liked was the Chris Chelios Hour of Power. Even 30 minutes is taxing.

xhristopher

I looked. It only requires a set of dumbbells and a little space. Everything is familiar. It's just an organized and quick.

Here's station #2, the mountain climber (left-right-left-right). Do this for 60 seconds at the start line before your next shirtless 5K and you too can be Spartacus.

xor

(which reminds me about crowded races where there's always some dude that goes into his stretching and/or warmup routine while in the tight-ish pack of people.  Dude.  Go. Over. There.)

Remember, I'm Fartacus!

Just checked it out. They said, and I'm removing all context here:

"If you’re already in great shape, you can use it as a “cardio” workout"

Great! I've been looking for a cross training activity to replace that time consuming long run! No, really, it looks like real work and no frills circuit workout that will work more than just the ab, which I like.

It sounded a bit like the tabata interval workouts.  Good way to lose your cookies :-)

Feeling the growl again

I used to do a crapload of lifting and core work.  I got very strong but frustrated because it didn't really show, I'm just not built for it (at 5% BF even).  On the flip side I had a teammate who was built more compactly, for lack of a better term, and he was cut with chiseled abs and arms and did nothing but run, and was not that strong either.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

, and he was cut with chiseled abs and arms and did nothing but run, and was not that strong either.

I hate your friend.

MTA:

at 5% BF

I hate you too.

Feeling the growl again

I hate your friend.

Join the club.  He also ran a 32:20 10K off 30-40 mpw and a 2:26 marathon without topping 80 mpw.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

xhristopher

It sounded a bit like the tabata interval workouts.  Good way to lose your cookies :-)

This tabata workout thing sounds familiar. My HS wrestling coach would have us do these mountain climbers to exhaustion at the end of a long workout. Fun stuff.