Goal of Sub-3 Hour Marathon (Read 15845 times)

DoppleBock

Ultima - Maybe a little better for ultras - Not my cup of tea.

I personally can run a marathon on energy gels and h20 ... I would drink the ultima crap if that was the only choice.  I may throw in a S-cap or 2 if there was no sports drink.

I hope the race goes well for you anyway.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

bhearn

And as long as I'm being a grump today... when did the McMillan pace calculator get so annoying? Now it hits you with a video, and makes you enter gender, age, and training miles to get equivalent performances?

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

And as long as I'm being a grump today... when did the McMillan pace calculator get so annoying? Now it hits you with a video, and makes you enter gender, age, and training miles to get equivalent performances?

T O pace wizard is probably  why. I find it to be better.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

bhearn

bhearn, I am going to start with the 3:10 group.  If I feel good, may pass the group at the 2nd water station, probably at 3.3 mile.  Then if I feel good again, accelerate more in the 2nd half.

I think I'll start at 7:20 pace (= 3:12), and try to pick it up to 7:10 at the half, for 3:10 and a 2-min negative split. If I don't make it, but can hold 7:20, at least I can have the goal of beating my first marathon time (3:12:18) while being ~5 pounds heavier, less well trained, and 5 years older (39 vs. 44).

I’m embarrassed to report this but might as well get it over with. I won’t be running the marathon tomorrow. I had what seemed like a health “event” yesterday that turned out to be nothing and cancelled my reservation. Chances are I still could have gotten a cheap motel room at last minute and picked up my packet today. However, I finally gave in to pressures at home and ran a 5k this morning instead. It just wasn’t meant to be, I guess, and I’m ok with it.

One more Good Luck for the road for Bob, George, John and everyone else who is racing this weekend.

Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33

Jim,

Sorry to hear that you are not running tomorrow but glad to hear that your health event turns out to be nothing.

BTW, my number is 3827 if anyone is interested in checking out how our CIMers are doing tomorrow.

Geo

I’m embarrassed to report this but might as well get it over with. I won’t be running the marathon tomorrow. I had what seemed like a health “event” yesterday that turned out to be nothing and cancelled my reservation. Chances are I still could have gotten a cheap motel room at last minute and picked up my packet today. However, I finally gave in to pressures at home and ran a 5k this morning instead. It just wasn’t meant to be, I guess, and I’m ok with it.

One more Good Luck for the road for Bob, George, John and everyone else who is racing this weekend.

Jim, sorry to hear about the marathon.  You ran a very impressive time, however, today in your 5k (19:22).  You are running very well.  It is good to hear that you health event turned out OK.  Keep up the good work!

Jim, sorry to hear about the marathon.  You ran a very impressive time, however, today in your 5k (19:22).  You are running very well.  It is good to hear that you health event turned out OK.  Keep up the good work!

Jim, I agree with my wife's comment -- terrific race today!  Good luck tomorrow for all of you running CIM.

Are we there yet?

WOOHOO!!

2:56:33 Baton Rouge Beach Marathon this morning. Negative splits 1:28:55 / 1:27:38

Thanks to all you guys that offered your experience and advice that helped me reach this goal.

WOOHOO!!

2:56:33 Baton Rouge Beach Marathon this morning. Negative splits 1:28:55 / 1:27:38

Thanks to all you guys that offered your experience and advice that helped me reach this goal.

Wow. Congratulations that's awesome. Didn't realize you were running this weekend or I would have wished you luck - which you clearly didn't need. Looks like a well executed plan to me.

John

Goal: Age grade over 80% on a certified course.
                      kcam

Congrats on a very good time and negative split to boot!

Thank you so much, Jan. I didn't realize there were 2 runners in the family. Some nice training you've been doing! You are good people.

And thank you too, Lloyd. You have always been very supportive...and you also play down your own accomplishments. You are quite a runner in your own rite.

Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33

WOOHOO!!

Great race, Mike, all the way around. I'm always so impressed when I see someone running a negative split like that. I don't think I've ever come close to doing it in all these years. I know you have had to overcome some injury problems not all that long ago, but you never gave up. This is a well deserved victory. Congratulations!

WOOHOO!!

Fantastic Chaka!  And an awesone negative split too - great great run.  Well done on joining the sub 3 club.

Oh and a belated best wishes John at Santa Barbara.

Nice 5k too Jim, a pity you couldn't run CIM but you are still having a great finish to the year.

Last Runner

Why are you embarrassed? You are running for yourself and a decision, for whatever reason to run or not to run a race is solely yours. There are always other marathons (even though many of us just don;t care one way or the other)