dratted shoes and travel. (Read 625 times)

Finished!

It may be obvious to others, but it sure wasn't to me. Diet and non-running footwear will affect your feet :P Not only, my diet for the last 2 days has consiseted of restaurant food and excessive amounts of caffeine and not enough water (that's business trips for you) Second, I didn't think I was going to be needing to pack my "normal" shoes since I didn't think I'd be doing much walking around - I was stuck wearing 2-inch "business attire" shoes for the 2 days I was travelling. I didn't do a ton of walking around, but apparently it was enough to make my feet not pleased. I've been complaining about it since I came home, and have thrown themselves into cramps a few times Sad The run this morning felt good, but I'm feeling the dehydration (hello headache!) and my poor feet were okay during the run but they are still displeased from the heels.
    Walk + Jog = wog.
    I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
    I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Heels are evil. They should be banned. They are so bad for feet and backs. I avoid wearing heels at all cost and dread those times when I have to wear them. Ick. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

DH and I have figured out that all my foot problems stem from wearing heals so much. I plan on wearing my super duper comfy shoes to work as much as possible ( borns). I've definetly learned in the past that wearing heals the night before a race does NOTHING for your feet the next morning lol.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Scout7

I have yet to determine why you ladies insist on abusing your tootsies the way you do. I ask my wife this question all the time (mostly when we've been walking around and her feet hurt because she wore impractical shoes), and inevitably I get one of a few responses, usually consisting of "They match my outfit"; "I didn't know we'd be walking this much"; and my personal favorite "Because they look cute". I'll let you all in on a little secret....We men don't care too much what's on your feet. Heck, if you wore slippers (and maybe nothing else), we probably wouldn't even realize you HAD feet.

Finished!

LOL - well, I would have preffrered to have worn my Keens, but they really *really* did not go well with business attire. I rarely wear business attire and I have yet to find comfortable flat business attire shoes. Part of my problem is I wear shoes with ridiculously wide toeboxes (have you *seen* how wide keens are?) so pretty much any business-appropriate shoe is going to be a shock to my tooties. I can see it now - "no, I'm sorry, I can't schedule a business meeting that week" Boss: "Why not?" Me: "Because I have a race that weekend and my feet will not stand for the torture that are business shoes - now if I don't have to wear business attire for the meeting, then we can talk"
            Walk + Jog = wog.
            I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
            I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
              Now if only my job felt that way lol. Of course I really have a hard time wearing shoes that DON"T go with my business attire ( freaken dress code )

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Scout7

Now if only my job felt that way lol. Of course I really have a hard time wearing shoes that DON"T go with my business attire ( freaken dress code )
                What can I say? I'm very progressive.