What's the weather like where you are? (Read 2090 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Its aloha winter here in hawaii... Cool temperatures are dipping in the mid 70s..there was some thunderstorms yesterday so no beach day, but they have passed and now we're geting our usual tradewind weather back...so temps should soar back up to upper 70s and low 80s...
    You're cruisin' for a bruisin', my friend... Here's our forecast for the day: Mostly cloudy. Scattered flurries until midday. Highs in the lower 30s. Northwest winds 5 to 15 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Current temp is 24 with windchill of 14. And, yes, I am going out for my scheduled run in about an hour. Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Sunny California. Yesterday I ran in high 60s but I hear next few mornings will be in the low 20s which for our area is COLD. And we have no rain to speak of which is great for running but really bad for our summer water supply.
      I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yesterday I ran in high 60s but I hear next few mornings will be in the low 20s which for our area is COLD.
        Wow, that is a bit of a contrast!

~ Sarah Kay

Last night I ran in 32 degree weather for the first time in I don't know how long. Tonight's supposed to be in the teens. I actually ran wide around puddles to avoid ice. How strange that that's strange. Best of all, the forecast for this weekend is a "wintry mix."
            Okay, let's get some sympathy for SoCal - it was 85 on Monday and I ran in a sports bra and shorts, and today it was 43 at 4:00 in the afternoon and it had actually SNOWED where I live! (Halfway between LA and Palm Springs). I had to wear pants (boohoo) a long sleeve, windvest, AND gloves! I didn't move 3000 miles from Manitoba for this!!!! Shocked Okay. Sympathy over.
            1000 mile club. "Pain is just the weakness leaking out."
              Okay, let's get some sympathy for SoCal - it was 85 on Monday and I ran in a sports bra and shorts, and today it was 43 at 4:00 in the afternoon and it had actually SNOWED where I live! (Halfway between LA and Palm Springs). I had to wear pants (boohoo) a long sleeve, windvest, AND gloves! I didn't move 3000 miles from Manitoba for this!!!! Shocked Okay. Sympathy over.
              I know how you feel. In SF Bay Area - same thing. OK, we did not had any snow - my son was upset about that. Blustery winds like I remember from my previous life in MA. They were talking about wind chill - a term I haven't heard since we moved here. Tomorrow is supposed to be even colder. Surprised
              I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
                Winter has officially (and FINALLY) hit here in Iowa. Yesterday's high was 21, 30 degrees colder than the day before. It isn't expected to get above freezing this coming week, and our 1st snowstorm is expected to rear it's ugly head sometime today. I (and most of you, too) have been spoiled by the weather lately. I've been able to run outside up until yesterday, when I decided that I was too much of a wuss for the cold. This is my 1st winter of running, and I don't have the proper attire (or the $ to get it, as a poor college student) to go out at a time like this when it's currently 6 degrees and feels like -2. I know I don't need any "high tech" gear, but I at least need something for my head, which I don't have. Treadmill time for me. Cry
                "Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?'" - Peter Maher
                derek

Same here in North Texas. The high tomorrow, when I do my long run, will be 32F. Not as cold as IA, but still cold. We're supposed to be getting some freezing rain today and tomorrow. I'm going to get some long pants for running. Up until now, I've been running in shorts, but the the coldest I've run in shorts so far was 33F

Derek

Bucharest, Romania Has been ridiculously warm for all last week and is supposed to continue for this week too. For my long run today, Sunny and Clear, about 48 F - perfect except for some wind. About 16 F above normal for January. I'm not complainiing either - keep burning those fossil fuels and driving SUVs Big grin Steve

2014 - Get 5k back under 20:00.  Stay healthy!

still alive

This was the weather during my morning run yesterday.

Greg in ND

One day at a time.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Greg...that makes me want to rent "Fargo," again! Those are the kind of temps I remember from my WI childhood! We don't seem to get as cold on this side of Lake MI, but we have more cloud cover and snow (at least most years). This week is finally starting to feel like Winter. But I'm totally ready for Spring! Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

WOW reminds me of my time stationed in Montana! 1983 on 15 Dec we hit -1 and that was our high temp until 27 Dec Christmas was -43 with a windchill around -119. I think after -10 it is just a number and you can't tell it from -50. BTW we used to run the fence line of the Launch Control Fac in that weather. It was .3 miles around. Missile duty was not too bad. 12 hours off with nothing to do for 3 days out of 9

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

I was thinking of adding a new running type for the weather I chose to run in today. (30°, light rain. Freezing rain all day before this though...) I was going to call it 'BAMBI' because I felt like Bambi in the scene on the pond: ("Come on Bambi, the water's stiff!!"). I chose to run on the sidewalks on my usual route, and WOW was it slick. The road was FINE though.
                            Peter Kull
                            Groups: 1000 Mile Club - 1500 Mile Club
                            db7

Have you seen the weather in Colorado? Nuff said. B

Tougher than most, dumber than the rest. "You can not count the miles until you feel them" TVZ

Have you seen the weather in Colorado? Nuff said. B
                                Bristol England: Monday Rain / Tuesday Rain / Wednesday Rain / Today (Thursday) Rain with winds up to 80mph Dead I do not mind running in the rain, but when the gusts stop you in your tracks its not funny. Reminds me of the poem by Charles Hamilton Sorley The Song of the Ungirt Runner We swing ungirded hips And lighten’d are our eyes, The rain is on our lips, We do not run for prize. We know not whom we trust Nor whitherward we fare, But we run because we must Through the great wide air. The waters of the seas Are troubled as by storm. The tempest strips the trees And does not leave them warm. Does the tearing tempest pause? Do the tree-tops ask it why? So we run without a cause ’Neath the big bare sky. The rain is on our lips, We do not run for prize. But the storm the water whips And the wave howls to the skies. The winds arise and strike it And scatter it like sand, And we run because we like it Through the broad bright land