Loaded Hog 5k (Read 569 times)

the weather cleared today and the wind dropped. a blessing after a couple of rough days. so anyway i decided to take my chance while the weather looked good and run our local waterfront race, the loaded hog 5k. i dont quite know what happened but something did. i ran 23.00. actually it was 22.59 on my watch but i had to check the official results and they definitely say 23.00. splits 4.28 4.38 4.38 4.38 4.37 (4.38 per official results) so fairly consistent once i got over my first mad dash! anyway - i'm a bit over the moon as you might guess. PR by 29 seconds. Big grin Big grin Big grin
      Over the moon - I'll say Cool Lot's of PR's for you this season - great job!!! Congrats on this latest one Smile Looks like you need a new goal to put on your profile - awesome !

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
      Thyroid Support Group

Great job, Mandy. Way to go on the PR and wow on the consistent splits.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

That consistency could only be achieved by a Terminator. Or in your case a Terminatrix? What's the right way to say WELL DONE! in New Zealand?

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Thanks all of you Smile Chenille you are right - a new goal needed. A terminatrix. Hmmm. Sounds kind of worrying.... Perhaps not quite the look I'm after??
              Congratulations! Great job on bringing that time down. You'll be reaching your goal sooner than you think. Smile

Michelle

A terminatrix. Hmmm. Sounds kind of worrying.... Perhaps not quite the look I'm after??
                How about a superbly conditioned hard-bodied athlete with an impeccable sense of timing? Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, but it also doesn't sound quite as harsh. Black eye

E.J.
                Greater Lowell Road Runners
                Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Blush right now i'm going with a bit faster than i was, a bit lighter than i was and with the occasional teeny weeny muscle starting to show.... luckily timing has always been a strong point for track and shorter races, now if I can just get that to work for longer races too. sunday - 5.12 per km. if i keep saying it maybe i'll be able to do it 5.12 5.12 5.12 5.12....