I know I'm having a bad running month when... (Read 791 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

...the bars on my training log graph are almost as pudgy as I am from lack of logged runs for the past month. Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Now that was a bath...

Hi Kirsten, I've not had a chance to introduce myself to you yet! Your training log looks pretty great to me (I'm still new to this game), but then I have no idea how much you usually train. Look forward to getting to know you better. I'm so happy to have other runners to talk to! Claire xxx
    • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
    • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks, Claire! Heh...I had been up to 30 miles in a single week (with several ~25mi. weeks that I was pretty happy with) not long before I ran my first half marathon, but after that and the death of my FIL my mileage has taken quite a nosedive...and most of my runs have been sorta painful. In the 3 weeks since my race I have had only 2 runs that I consider *good*. I hope that changes soon. I miss having my fun runs outweighing the not-so-fun ones. Running makes me happy and lately I need more happy in my life. Welcome to RA. This is such a great place. I hope you like it here. I have so much respect for other moms who take up running--it can be hard to find time to do what we love when we have little ones to care for (and spouses who also need time for their hobbies/sports of choice). Someday I hope to see NZ, too. You certainly live in a stunning part of the world! Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

I hate the pudgy bars! I'm about to get pudgy bars again too. I figured out the way to avoid pudgy bars was to just have two days in a row of running, so if I do get the pudgy bars again I think I might just log a 0.1 mile run to avoid them. Aesthetics!!
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ha, that's right! I haven't run any consecutive days since before my taper, so that must be it...rats! I'm not doing any consecutive days until Spring, either. Guess I will have to just get the bod skinny so that only my graph will be chubby! Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

vicentefrijole

...the bars on my training log graph are almost as pudgy as I am from lack of logged runs for the past month.
              I know I'm having a bad running month when... the gaps between my training graph bars look like a hockey player's teeth. Ugh... and I hate those pudgy bars too! They just sit there looking at me, like they're saying "I can't believe you've let another day go by without running". Damn you, pudgy bars! Angry I'm blaming my recent inactivity on the weather change. It's always so hard for me to get out there running when it's cold and windy... whine whine whine.... whimper.... Cry
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm blaming my recent inactivity on the weather change. It's always so hard for me to get out there running when it's cold and windy... whine whine whine.... whimper.... Cry
                You are in the windy city--I HATE running in wind (rain, too...I can handle cold, just not if it's windy and/or rainy). k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey, know what would be cool...if on our graph there could be a bar with text in place of where a run would be, for instance if we are doing some sort of cross-training. IE a bar that would say "kickboxing" or "yoga," instead of a mileage bar. That might help make up for the skinnyness. After Turkey Day I plan to start getting my cross-training on. So my graph will look sorta "inactive," though I will be getting a workout in, just not in the form of miles run. k

~ Sarah Kay

vicentefrijole

So my graph will look sorta "inactive," though I will be getting a workout in, just not in the form of miles run.
                    I'm glad you told us... I'd hate to judge you when you don't deserve it! HAHA. j/k. Wink
                      Hey, know what would be cool...if on our graph there could be a bar with text in place of where a run would be, for instance if we are doing some sort of cross-training. IE a bar that would say "kickboxing" or "yoga," instead of a mileage bar.
                      yea! I do a lot of other workouts (biking, swimming, yoga) and it pains me to see my running log look empty. At least when I go to the calendar the calendar is all nicely filled in.
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

yea! I do a lot of other workouts (biking, swimming, yoga) and it pains me to see my running log look empty. At least when I go to the calendar the calendar is all nicely filled in.
                        Exactly! Big grin And Tongue for Mr. Frijole! *chortles* Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

Prophet!

my excuse for gap-tooth like graphs - i only log every other runs Big grin
                          RunningHammer

My excuse is that i'm resting after my last race....and tapering for my next race! Evil grin