Frothy protein shakes! (Read 1224 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah, nice office view. From mine I see the backside of a stadium, not so scenic. But like you, I have loads of running out my door, just six floors down. Medical research, specifically related to computerized patient care systems / electronic health record systems.

The Greatest of All Time

Medical research, specifically related to computerized patient care systems / electronic health record systems.
      My primary care physician brings a computer in when he treats me. I don't think he writes anything down. And as someone that reviews TONS of medical records, I would prefer they be typed! Most, but not all, doctors dictate but the handwritten stuff is damn near impossible to read. I knew the industry was eventually going to go paperless. There are some law firms that are paperless, or at least claim to be. We do a lot electronically, but almost everything is printed out and physically put in the hard file. There will come a day when our medical records are on a chip inserted under the skin somewhere which can be read or downloaded by a scanner. I envision someone 30 years old walking into a hospital with their entire medical history under their skin. Well, off to bed with this one.
      all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

Non ducor, duco.

estrogenic effects scare me a bit.
        If you saw my estogenic effects once a month you WOULD be scared!
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

There are HUGE issues with technological limitations, user interfaces, computer/computer interfaces, efficiency, standardization, etc. The area is ripe for research and evaluation. Some systems do good, some do harm, many do a little of each. Good for your doc, using a system. Right now, probably less than 1 in 4 or 5 docs do. Gnite.
            Yeah, that is a great fiber bomb. The oatmeal packets are instant. That means, they have been cooked completely and then dried out. They lose some of their nutrition, flavor and character that way. This is, in part, why you add the grape nuts, to get some texture back. Slow-cooking oats (i.e., not instant) can be either rolled or steel cut. Most of what we eat and know in this country is/are rolled oats. With rolled oats, the grain is steamed until it is soft (but not cooked) and it is pressed between two rollers and made flat. That makes it cook more quickly and gives it a better mouthfeel than whole grain. Steel cut oats runs the grain through an apparatus that basically cuts each grain into littler bits. These retain more of the oats' original chewiness and texture, but they cook relatively quickly like the rolled oats. I prefer the steel cut oats. They are also fairly popular on the British Isles and can be bought at most health food stores that have bulk grains and beans. To cook either, the easiest way to do it is to have one part grain to 4ish parts water. You can use a crock pot, an oven or a cast iron pot. Heat the water to boiling. Add the oats with perhaps a touch of salt. Heat back to boiling and keep it hot for about 45 minutes. It takes very little work. I usually heat mine in the cast iron pot with a lid and then stick it in the oven set to 300 degrees and then turned off. I do this before my run and come home to fabulous oats. You will never go back to instant again Smile
            Truer words have never been spoken! I eat loads of oats. I could be the oatmeal poster child. I love oats, yes I do, I love oats, how 'bout you? Oats are great, oats are good, oats, oats, oats, its understood Seriously, try the 10 min oats, it is so worth the extra time. Puts some fresh(or frozen) berries in. Try it with Cinnamon and real maple syrup. Or bananas and walnuts. Or Trent. since you like eggs, as do I, try savory oats. With meat and a couple of over medium eggs on top. (great after a long run)
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Savory oats. YUMMY idea.
                Trent, BTW I love your idea for steel cut oats. They are so good, I have never been one for waiting that long. Thanks for the tip
                Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

And for your leftover oats, I have previously posted this:
                  Oatmeal Pancakes Great running fuel. 1 1/2 cup flour 1 cup plain yogurt 1 cup milk 3 TBS sugar 1 1/2 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp salt 3 TBS melted butter 2 eggs 1 TBS vanilla 1 cup cooked oatmeal (steel cut Irish is best) Mix everything together. Make pancakes. Enjoy.