Happy Friday the 13th! (Read 701 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Got any superstitions? Do you have any fun plans for the day/evening? We're going to a small party with friends tonite, but I think the date is just a coincidence. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Got any superstitions? Do you have any fun plans for the day/evening? We're going to a small party with friends tonite, but I think the date is just a coincidence.
      No superstitions for today. No fun plans. Sad Tonight my life is owned by the children. Friday nights I typically play taxi cab driver. First thing after work there's my 5 y/o's outdoor soccer practice (since I'm coaching it there's no avoiding it!), then indoor soccer playoffs for my 11 y/o...then taking the 12 y/o to the movies, and then taking the 11 y/o to a b-day mystery party, then picking up the 15 y/o at work...etc. I WAS INVITED TO A HAPPY HOUR...*sigh* but that won't happen. My 12 y/o said to me (and this totally creeped me out)..."mom, if I die today, can we say it was because of Friday the 13th? Can we put that on my headstone?" OMG...I just slowly backed away from him. Not the way I like to start my day - with thoughts like that.

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My 12 y/o said to me (and this totally creeped me out)..."mom, if I die today, can we say it was because of Friday the 13th? Can we put that on my headstone?" OMG...I just slowly backed away from him. Not the way I like to start my day - with thoughts like that.
        After losing a kitty and his grandpa last year my son is a little obsessed with/fascinated by death, too. He is often asking about when he dies and when we die...at first it freaked me out, now I'm just pretty frank with him. I don't think the concept of death is even all that frightening to him, just sort of perplexing. k

~ Sarah Kay

After losing a kitty and his grandpa last year my son is a little obsessed with/fascinated by death, too. He is often asking about when he dies and when we die...at first it freaked me out, now I'm just pretty frank with him. I don't think the concept of death is even all that frightening to him, just sort of perplexing. k
          I wonder at which age death does become frightening. My youngest (5 y/o) talks about death like it is no big deal. Once I told him that I won't be reading bedtime stories to him forever, and his response was "I know, because someday you'll die", then he paused and added "but daddy is going to die first". Creepy!! Last night my youngest told me that he is going to live to be over 100, but that Charlie (the 12 y/o) is only going to live to be 83. Then he added "since you're the mommy you should live forever, but you won't", before he went to sleep he told me "I wish you would live forever, because you are nice, nicer than daddy." He is always saying that he loves me more and that I'm nicer than daddy. I give in to the kids far more often than my husband does! Big grin

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I wonder at which age death does become frightening. My youngest (5 y/o) talks about death like it is no big deal. Once I told him that I won't be reading bedtime stories to him forever, and his response was "I know, because someday you'll die", then he paused and added "but daddy is going to die first". Creepy!!
            Creepy, yes, but kinda funny at the same time! Wink Dane frequently asks what we will do when he dies. I keep having to tell him that we will likely die before he does--that mommies and daddies usually die before their kids do. I think that bothers him more than anything. Oh, and lately Dane has been a TOTAL mommy's boy. But that seems to go in phases. The other day he told me that he loves me the most, daddy second most, and the kitties all 3rd most. Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

Oh, and lately Dane has been a TOTAL mommy's boy. But that seems to go in phases. The other day he told me that he loves me the most, daddy second most, and the kitties all 3rd most. k
              BTW - I love the name Dane. Is he clingy during this stage? It's kind of fun when they go through this stage as long as they are not glued to your side night and day. Cute about the kitties . Kitties will never make the list for my youngest (severe allergies). Come to think of it, pets have never made the list for Aaron, I think with his allergies he just doesn't view them as anything that makes it on a list of good things. Sad In the pecking order of who Aaron loves he lists-- Me, Daddy, Nana (my MIL), John (my ex-husband), Grandpop (my step-dad) and then A,C,T (my older three children). Notice that he's left out MY mom. When I brought this to his attention and asked him if he meant to have her on the list her said "no, she's not on the list, I like Grandpop more"...I wasn't quite sure what to say, but I ended up saying "ummm, Aaron, I REALLY think you should have Grandmom on your list, you know she's my mommy and I don't like to hear that you don't have her on your list of who you love". His response..."well, Grandmom isn't as much fun as Grandpop". End of story. Kids, gotta love them when they speak the truth! Smile

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

BTW - I love the name Dane. Is he clingy during this stage? It's kind of fun when they go through this stage as long as they are not glued to your side night and day. I REALLY think you should have Grandmom on your list, you know she's my mommy and I don't like to hear that you don't have her on your list of who you love". His response..."well, Grandmom isn't as much fun as Grandpop". End of story. Kids, gotta love them when they speak the truth! Smile
                My brother NEVER liked my dad's mom. Not even when he was an infant. It's kind of funny, really. And I think she held it against him, which just made for a vicious-cycle. In my brother's defense, my grandma was a REAL flake. Dane has NEVER had a clingy moment in his life. It's kind of funny, since we always waited for him to get clingy, like most kids do for a phase, but nope. He'd still go home with just about any stranger. He's such a social, outgoing, bold kid. Oh, and the name Dane...we needed a d-name and I'm part Danish, so it worked. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

To celebrate Friday the 13th, I typically slaughter living ancestors descendants (duh!) of the Knights Templar so that I can, you know, get back to the roots of the holiday.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sounds fun, Jeff. Is there beer involved? Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Sounds fun, Jeff. Is there beer involved?
                      Not usually. I have a hard time handling the sword and shield properly if I've been drinking...

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...could this be a spectator sport? Perhaps you could sell beer on the "sidelines." Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

To celebrate Friday the 13th, I typically slaughter living ancestors descendants (duh!) of the Knights Templar so that I can, you know, get back to the roots of the holiday.
                          Hah, I didn't even notice your error...maybe I need a beer NOW! Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

today is my #3 ds 8th birthday! Cool It's an official family holiday, so no school. They are off to get him a Wave board. I'm cleaning house getting ready for the party on Sunday. Tongue

Jennifer mm#1231

oh...Cooper James. My water broke at 12Pm and labor started. My chiro arrived first, dh next and the midwife arrived at my house at about 12:30...Coop was born at 12:35. I tried baking a cake but only got it mixed and in the pan before I had to stop and concentrate...

Jennifer mm#1231