Priceless $10 music investment (Read 798 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So I am officially addicted to the new FOX series, Drive (mostly for the eye candy...Nathan "Captain Tightpants" Fillion...and the hot cars). I was reading a bit on the official message board and there was discussion of the music on the show. One particularly awesome track is a Crystal Method remix of the Door's classic, "Roadhouse Blues." So I looked on iTunes and discovered that it is only available as part of a 45 minute Nike+ running mix titled "Drive" (which is funny, as the mix came out nearly a year ago and the show is fairly new...I wonder if producers went searching iTunes for driving-related tracks and found this one). I am listening to it for the second go-round and I simply cannot sit still and it's all I can do to keep from lacing up and going for a second run for the day. Would be simply perfect for a tempo run...cannot wait for my next Tempo workout to make use of this! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

shyrunner07

this one's been sitting in my cart for a while...sounds like i need to bite the bullet and click "buy"! Tongue i like Mastering the Treadmill by Ok Go ( http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?id=208394840&s=143441) ...The lead singer does the usual guidance through each interval, and he also pops up here and there to give a little extra motivation, which is nice. Not to mention, the music is pretty kickin'. Big grin
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ooh, that link did something weird...does this one work better...? If I didn't already have so much of what's on that album I'd grab that--how funny! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

shyrunner07

and with all this roadhouse talk, i'm totally thinking Logan's right now.......*drool*
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Peanuts! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

shyrunner07

Tongue STEAK!!!!!!!!!
              Scout7

Gee, all I can think of is Patrick Swayze and Sam Elliot. "Pain don't hurt."
                jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

The lead singer does the usual guidance through each interval, and he also pops up here and there to give a little extra motivation, which is nice. Not to mention, the music is pretty kickin'. Big grin
                  When they do these things, does the music get all relaxing, or softer or something during the rest intervals? Reminds me of an idea I had a while ago -- interval playlist. Have rocking songs of appropriate length during the hard intervals, interspersed with Enya during the recoveries. You could do the workout purely based on the tunes instead of setting your watch.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

When they do these things, does the music get all relaxing, or softer or something during the rest intervals? Reminds me of an idea I had a while ago -- interval playlist. Have rocking songs of appropriate length during the hard intervals, interspersed with Enya during the recoveries. You could do the workout purely based on the tunes instead of setting your watch.
                    I've actually messed with some playlists that would do something like this. After the Riverbank Run I will be making my speedwork workouts a little less hardcore and definitely plan to use my iPod more for training purposes than just for entertainment. k

~ Sarah Kay