Running is a drug... (Read 1016 times)

(I did used to brew, and that got pretty expensive; I should start brewing again. Now that I have the equipment, it doesn't cost as much...)
    Hijack!! Homebrewing rocks! Nothing like a bunch of guys hanging out in a garage watching the brew process. If you're just kegging it off and drinking it for personal use, it can be quite cost effective too. On subject, running is a drug because the only way you can fill that hopeless empty feeling that comes the day after you finish the big race you've been training for all season is to lace up the shoes and take another hit... er get out and run.
    stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

A runners high is legal in all 50 states. Wink 3 races (so far) - $55 2 pairs running shoes - $140 Misc clothing, socks, etc - $80 The runners high - PRICELESS

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

Man in Tights

Only if you run in the same shoes all year. Not recommended.
        Sure it's not recommended. But not everyone wears $ 100 shoes. Visit China sometime and you'll see what I mean.
          My family can tell when I don't run because I'm not half as pleasant as I am when I have run. They know when I need my fix so they put up with the constant running babble because it makes me a happy person! Running keeps the blues away. When my day is going badly, it.s ok because I'll soon be out running when it's over. I chose it because it didn't require an expensive gym membership. All you need are shoes and shorts and you are ready for anything. Although, I admit that I love buying new shoes and shorts and tops and socks and pants.....

2012 Goals: Get back into it after having a baby! Prep for a 1/2 marathon

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

Shoes - $40 a pair Shorts - Use the same for running, basketball, lifting, football, volleyball, anything outdoors Shirts - Free from all sorts of places, many dating back to freshman year if high school 12 years ago Socks - Use the same champion for everything, except dress socks and a couple of entry fees where the proceeds almost always go to charity Yeah it's not that bad.
              You need therapy TO quit using drugs. You need therapy BECAUSE you quit running... Big grin I knew I had a problem when I went out to PHX to visit DD in college (first time I got to see her since she left). What's the first thing I do? I rent a car and go run the trail up South Mountain. THEN, I go visit DD. Yeah, I'm a bad Dad. Cry TC

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

I think that running is less a drug and more a disease. It's more contagious than malaria. I started then my brother in law started.3 months later his wife started. Now my wife's just bought her first pair of proper runners and my daughter asked if she could join the cross country team at school and if she could come with me on the short runs.

My sport's your sport's punishment

2012 goals

100 Km month         150 K month      200K month

5K run    10K run     20K run              30K run

sub 30 min 5K         sub 55min 10K

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7VtBvuH6FM