Weird Town Names in the USA (Read 1235 times)

I grew up just north of Goobertown, Arkansas. Shocked It's a very "small" community. Another reason why Arkansan's have an inferiority complex!
    Funny. Hey - my favorite brother-in-law is from Arkansas, not sure where though. Some of the funniest things come out of that man's mouth...and he's not one to hold back if you do something stupid in front of him!

Michelle

Nanty Glo, PA West, TX

Vim

Team HTFU NCTR Driver

There's a little town in Michigan just off of I-94 called Climax. Lot's of amusing jokes/sounds to be made on the road trip to Chicago when you are approaching Climax, passing through Climax, and during the post-Climax phase of the trip. Big grin They have a race in Hell, MI, and the shirts say "I ran through Hell." I guess you could have a pretty cool shirt from Climax, MI, if they ever decide to have a road race. Clowning around
        My parents ran that one when I was a kid - had the shirts... did

Team HTFU NCTR Driver

We drove through a town in Scotland called "Rest and Be Thankful." It's near Loch Lomond. I grew up near the following towns: Havana Cuba Carthage Tennessee and everyone's favorite: Disco. did

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

and everyone's favorite: Disco.
            I'm picturing disco balls for stoplights, and polyester everywhere.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Don't forget the sequins.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Team HTFU NCTR Driver

Sadly, no. It's a barely-existing farm town, population probably in the very low three digits, if that high, with no one under the age of 55. It has absolutely no web presence beyond its funny name. The most glamorous thing there is probably a little-used flyswatter. did

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

The most glamorous thing there is probably a little-used flyswatter.
                  But I'll bet it's one funky flyswatter... Tongue

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Team HTFU NCTR Driver

But I'll bet it's one funky flyswatter... Tongue
                    It's probably being held by a retired (and possibly dead) farmer in a cafe, and hasn't moved in 4 years. did