Longest Sports Drought (Read 485 times)

so the Blackhawks and Kings have won the Stanley Cup.  And the Red Sox curse is over.

Who do you see as the next team to break a drought of over 40 years?  Place your choice below.

Been 40+ years:  Milwaukee Bucks, Milwaukee Brewers, Vancouver Cannucks, Buffalo Sabres, KC Chiefs, Toronto Maple Leafs, Stl. Blues, NY Jets, Cinc. Bengals, Phoenix Suns, Atl. Falcons, Buffalo Bills, Cleveland Browns*, LA/SD Chargers

Been 50+ years:  Astros, Oilers/Titans, Texas Rangers, Vikings, Eagles, Stl/Atl Hawks, Detroit Lions

Been 60+ years:  KC/Sacramento Kings, Cleveland Indians, Phoenix Cardinals

Been 100+ years:  don't bother.  they won't win before you die.  I don't care if you plan to live another 70 years. 

* = Browns fans claim no part of the Ravens apparently. 

An obvious one is the Texas Rangers.  They could do it this year.  The Cannucks were a #1 seed this year.  So I assume they'll be good next year.  Those seem like the 2 best picks to me.

Looking at the rest it's hard to see any of them with a good chance.  But I'll go with the Buffalo Bills.  Football appears to have the best chance for a lucky season. 

Doc, my tooth hurts

I'll do sport by sport 

MLB: Texas-since they were about 1 foot away last year and are off to a good start this year.

I think the Cubs are on the right track with new ownership and a new GM.  Most people blame it on a "curse" which is stupid. It was ownership not wanting to spend money and bad bad decisions. I mean luck DOES have some part in it, but mostly just bad decisions. The Cubs will win a world series before the brewers or indians.

NFL: Eagles. I think they have what it takes to do it THIS year also. It's so tough to predict the NFL year to year. I could see any team listed winning in the next 10 years.

NBA:Kings, Bucks, Hawks I could see never winning a championship in my lifetime in their current cities and current owners. The Suns are a maybe.

NHL: Vancouver is obvious. 

So I guess the eagles are most likely to end their drought this year.

Lazy idiot

* = Browns fans claim no part of the Ravens apparently. 

You're right we don't.

Tick tock

Expos/Nats

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
          We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Expos/Nats

I missed that one.

A good choice.  That team is good now and could be scary good for the next 5+ years.