Why the Kenyans are so fast (Read 693 times)

READ the above post. Walking or running at that speed is painful to keep up for any length of time.

Now I'm really confused.  I thought your technique involved zero upper body movement because of balance and all that perfect motion?   If so, why would  your shoulder hurt while walking or running for any distance?

Ostrich runner

Tell you what SJ, I'll spot you 20%. If you can enter a race 10k or above and maintain 7.2mph (20% slower than 9mph) using any gait or train a single person to maintain a 9mph kitty/ostrich/t-rex gait (with evidence of identity, personal training, and video evidence of the gait in the race), I will try your method for 6 months and paypal you $100 for your time training me.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Tell you what SJ, I'll spot you 20%. If you can enter a race 10k or above and maintain 7.2mph (20% slower than 9mph) using any gait or train a single person to maintain a 9mph kitty/ostrich/t-rex gait (with evidence of identity, personal training, and video evidence of the gait in the race), I will try your method for 6 months and paypal you $100 for your time training me.

I'm not writing here to make money.

I'll make it easier; why don't you try it and come back here to report your faster times.

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

#artbydmcbride

Don't worry, you are in no danger of taking any money from him!

Runners run

Feeling the growl again

Don't worry, you are in no danger of taking any money from him!

beef is just screwing with him.  If he were serious he would be paying in scotch.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

sport jester

Biomimeticist

beef is just screwing with him.  If he were serious he would be paying in scotch.

Which is why I won't waste my time with any "challenge."

Oh, and I'm still waiting for you to give me the science which proves I'm wrong.

Because in any legitimate debate proving you're a pathetic idiot is far too easy to do.

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

SJ, hopefully you can at least explain why walking/running using your revolutionary technique causes extreme shoulder pain?  I don't get the correlation between no upper body movement and shoulder pain.

Feeling the growl again

Which is why I won't waste my time with any "challenge."

Oh, and I'm still waiting for you to give me the science which proves I'm wrong.

Because in any legitimate debate proving you're a pathetic idiot is far too easy to do.

If being a pathetic idiot means having a steady, rewarding career and a great family that speaks to me, I can cope with it.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

GC100k

Ya, that's not how it works.

btw, SJ is a tall chunky dutch* guy like me.  If he can walk a 25 minute 5k I'll become his disciple.

*or Belgian or something. Same dif.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Ya, that's not how it works.

Of course that's how it works.

You present your training argument. If the science is there to discredit it, citing them is how you discredit someone in legitimate debate forums.

Sadly for the internet idiots, citing such studies proving any of the regular posters here are worthless idiots is far too easy to do.

I present my training argument. If you can discredit me, then I fully welcome any challenge to do so.

Please go ahead and cite the science which proves me wrong.

Otherwise, I'll keep laughing with every post.

Slo

Please go ahead and cite the science which proves me wrong.

The very science that will prove you wrong is the of the exact science of which you claim to be.

Having over a dozen years in and around robotics and working with legit Biomimeticist (which I'm not even sure is a correct title) not the "Barstool Trained" variety self described Biomimeticist you obviously are I think I can say with confidence...Bull Shit.

Ostrich runner

I'll make it easier; why don't you try it and come back here to report your faster times.

I'm happy to try relatively new methods, meaning that if there is any real empirical evidence, I'd like to see if it could be reproduced. I've merely laid bare the level of evidence I require. I understand your hypothesis as you've spent the last decade and a half professing. I understand that you claim to be able to reproduce data. I also understand that you've been given chances to test it by an assortment of people, and that none of those have produced any data that you'll offer up. So far, of the scientific process, all you have is a hypothesis. You've shown us that you haven't really taken the time to learn the meanings of words like that one, or "theory" and "fact."

Anyhow, the ball is in your court. I'm a runner of only moderate talent, but I'm in the category of people who'd be good enough to really make people take notice if I were 20% faster. Between the football players, military service members, firemen, Nike labs, and whatever else, you should be able to find one person from the last 15 years who sings your praises. Otherwise, you'll just have to do it yourself. Regardless of whether you're here to make money, if your hypothesis holds, you'll have the chance to be astoundingly rich and famous.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Why does it take someone to "sing my praises"...

If what I teach didn't work, why would I have articles written about me in the first place on a military training website, let alone its author being a Navy SEALs who wrote it.

What part of the quote, "Robert is one of the fastest / efficient walkers I have ever seen. Learning to walk this way could be very beneficial to load bearing marches we do in the military" goes over your head in comprehension anyway?

And for all the time anyone takes in writing why what I teach doesn't work, won't spend 10 minutes testing it for themselves.

Ten minutes of anyone's time and you won't do it if it meant running 20% faster?? Oh please, you're simply too chicken shit to try it.

Shaving three minutes off a 25 minute course run isn't something anyone here can even claim to have done from the crap that the regular barfers post, let alone cite it.

Ostrich runner

Meh, I ran about a 30 minute 5k when I started. I got that down to the mid 16s with the sort of training we do. Perhaps I you'd spent the last 15 years rehabbing injuries rather than eating twinkies you'd be able to muster up 20 minutes of activity that'd make it all worthwhile.

Here's one of SJ's favorite "idiots" who knows nothing about running.

SJ, why didn't we hear from you when this picture was taken?

Idiot, Know Nothing