Summer Feet (Read 922 times)

I know people who apply colored polish to where their toenails USED to be! Other than that, there's always...
    I like those!

Michelle

Oh I love these shoes too, I have a pair (not in red unfortunately). I just made an appointment for a pedicure this weekend (if they don't refuse me)! I think what bothers me about my feet is that I know what they look like. I used to be a weeky pedicure kind of girl, oh well, the sacrifices we make!
      “I am a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn't have the heart to let him down...” Abraham Lincoln
        Am I the only one who doesn't have ugly feet from running? I feel kinda left out Wink I thought missing toenails meant your shoes were too tights around the toe box ..
        2009: BQ?
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Am I the only one who doesn't have ugly feet from running? I feel kinda left out Wink
          Again we seem to be related. My feet honestly look no different than they did pre-running (still wide, kinda cute). No blisters, missing toenails, or misshapen toes. I wonder if I were running significantly higher miles if that would change. But 30 miles/week seems to not have negatively affected my feet compared to my 0 miles/week days. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

(still wide, kinda cute)
            Um, we are definitely related! My feet are small - size 6 - and kind of wide ... not wide enough to wear a W, but too wide for some shoes .. and yes, they ARE kind of cute.
            2009: BQ?
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Um, we are definitely related! My feet are small - size 6 - and kind of wide ... not wide enough to wear a W, but too wide for some shoes .. and yes, they ARE kind of cute.
              Mine are 7.5-8...pretty stinkin' wide, but not blobby. Kinda duck-feet shaped with narrow heels. Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

Mine are 7.5-8...pretty stinkin' wide, but not blobby. Kinda duck-feet shaped with narrow heels. We have the same feet! Except mine are 8.5. That's a pretty accurate description, duck-feet shaped with narrow heels. Why is it that my toes are so ugly from running then?
                “I am a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn't have the heart to let him down...” Abraham Lincoln

Member Since 2008

Runners feet look better? forget about it
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Purple, are your shoes too short? I hear that shoes that are too short can cause beat-up looking toes. I err on the side of too long. I probably have at least a half inch of extra shoe beyond my longest toe. k

~ Sarah Kay

My toes don't look bad it's UNDER my feet where I got that huge blister. Of course it looks MUCH BETTER this week!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Purple, are your shoes too short? I hear that shoes that are too short can cause beat-up looking toes. I err on the side of too long. I probably have at least a half inch of extra shoe beyond my longest toe. k
                        Hence why I buy my running shoes AT LEAST a size bigger then my regular shoes.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I buy 1.5 sizes up for my running shoes, and haven't had a toe scrunch problem.
                          Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
                            yeah my shoes are 1.5 sizes bigger too, I'm just abnormal I guess!
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm just abnormal I guess!
                              That's OK...that's a sure sign that you're "normal" around here. Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

psycrunner

Purple-- I have the same issue--bruised toes, missing toenails, no blisters, really--and my running shoes are 1.5 sizes larger than my regular shoes. There's at least an inch between my toes and the end of the shoe. I purposely got fitted in these shoes (Men's Brooks Beast) because I needed them so long and with the wider toe box for my poor swelling feet, and still I get bruised toes. Fortunately, nail polish disguises all kinds of toe issues---except blisters, I guess! I say wear your bruised toes with pride--they're your proof that you're working hard! Wink Carol
                                Carol