first race jitters (Read 715 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

WTG shyrunner! Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Obi-Run Kenobi

Congratulations on your first race shyrunner! I'm just starting to run so my first race is a ways off. But it sounds like you had a blast. Keep racing!

Do or do not. There is no try.

Congrats, Shyrunner. Nice report and it sounds like you really enjoyed yourself. Here's to more red bars for you!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

I had my first race in over 10 years. It was fun to get the pre-race jitters again. It was a good test to check my fitness. I am racing 3 more times before my peak race in late July. Good luck to all of you summer racers!
          Runners around the state are getting better today ...are you one of them? TRAIN HARD
          shyrunner07

thanks so much guys! I looked over the brochures and such that were included in my goodie bag, and some of the upcoming races that the group is doing look pretty interesting. Might be worth dropping $5 to be a member...Smile It was nice to actually step off the treadmill for a change...Smile The weird thing though- I would glance at my iPod during the race, and for some reason, my walking pace measured my treadmill running pace...and my road running pace- sheesh, the iPod was saying i was doing a 6-8min pace! :O That can't be right? That kind of pace would actually require some sort of visible movement! Tongue
              Great job!!
              2009: BQ?