2015 goals and training (Read 367 times)

jpdeaux

1) get my health back

Great goal. Right where it belongs in the list, too. Hope it's going well.

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

1300 miles

get to 190

lift more and more yoga

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

Walk-Jogger

Great goal. Right where it belongs in the list, too. Hope it's going well.

Thanks for the kind thoughts. Cancer is a tough row to hoe, but I have a good shot at getting rid of it, and that makes me feel very fortunate, compared to many others I see at the treatment center. I can still run for now, and hopefully will continue to be able to run through the weeks of radiation starting next week. I don't have big expectations for the first half of 2015, but I hope to make up somewhat for lost time during the second half. It will be the following year, 2016, before I have any real hope to get back to "normal", or close to it.

Retired &  Loving It

bhearn

Improve my race times and run a shit-ton of miles.

+1

DanMoriarity

1) Get healthy again after 5 months of reduced training due to achilles problems.

2) Train consistently and stay within myself, something I've not always done well in the past.

3) Concentrate on 5 and 10ks early in the season to get some speed back.

4) Fall marathon under 3:10.

I do have 3 specific 2015 goals set ( specific plans still ruminating inside my brain.  2014 not over yet).

injury free/work on health

keep 100 mpm streak going .  Will hit 100mpm next few days for 65th consecutive month.   July 2009

1500-2000 miles

Improve my race times and run a shit-ton of miles.

I agree, +1.

Try and run 365 days...  Try and do some "streaks" of 5+ miles a day for several days...   Try and set some new PR's as well...  But yep, overall, do alot more in 2015 than I did in 2014, and have fun while running a shit ton of miles.

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Run.  Just Run.

steph  

Wing

Joggaholic

Run.  Just Run.

+1. That's my plan too! If I get better at it, that's a bonus!

Ered

Run consistently throughout the year and improve my squat weight.

hectortrojan

-Keep enjoying running

-Try going more than 50k

Hoban-Jay

Run 42.195 km each and every week.

Run The Buffalo Marathon in May and The Maine Marathon in October.

BQ in May at Flying Pig, and possibly sub 3 but not setting my sights on that particularly

Stay under 150lb

Focus on shorter races after that to set some nice PRs and get into the local competitive running group

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Pistol 100 - January 3---- 27:46:58

Be in 1st 50 to reach 2000 miles - Swampers

Strength train- bench press my weight (160 lbs)

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

evamarie

Finish my first full marathon - February 22

Finish my first 50km ultra marathon - no specific date yet

Finish my first sprint distance triathlon - no date yet but hopefully before 2015 ends