Garmin Forerunner (Read 1031 times)

Believe

I know I am being really stupid but I have to ask.  Since Garmin is a GPS enabled watch, can someone track my location while I run?  It could come in handy if I went on a trail run and stumbled down the big hill.  I know it is dumb but I had to ask.

Also, do compression tights really work?  Thanks guys.

an amazing likeness

All the current Garmin GPS sport devices are just a receiver of GPS signals.  It does not have the ability to broadcast your location. If you fall and get your arm caught under a boulder....well you're on your own.

No idea on the compression tights.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Believe

If you fall and get your arm caught under a boulder....well you're on your own. 

Bummer, because in my senile old age I have fallen twice in the last year on the road, for no apparent reason!!! Embarrassed

duckman

The Irreverent Reverend

I wear compression shorts under my shorts (in the summer) and under my tights (in the winter). And they work just fine.

Husband. Father of three. Lutheran pastor. National Guardsman. Runner. Political junkie. Baseball fan.

Am I doing this right?

Bummer, because in my senile old age I have fallen twice in the last year on the road, for no apparent reason!!! Embarrassed

Road ID

No excuses....

e454545rt

Road ID

So after 2 weeks when they find you pinned under a boulder cold and blue, at least they will know your name, haha.

Didn't some guy with his arm trapped under a boulder have to saw it off or something? Shocked

But yeah I don't think the Garmin has the ability to track people. I think some iPhone apps do though, so if you run with your phone and are concerned about accidents... Otherwise its always best to let people know where you're running and for how long you expect to be gone so they can find you if trouble arises.

Please read/comment on my blog!

http://runreview.blogspot.com

old Paratrooper

for runs, bike rides, and even motorcycle rides when I'm out of my normal area I take my smart phone with Google Latitudes on it, works as a MP3 player as well as google latitudes will track my position so that my beautiful bride can see where I am on a map on the computer. I had a friend whose father was killed on a motorcycle in a freeway interchange but no one saw the accident and they didn't find him until over 2 weeks later, when Latitudes came out I thought it was a good way for someone to know where I am