Intervals suddenly changed to meters instead of miles (Read 954 times)

Not really all that important but yesterday's and today's runs uploaded from my Garmin 205 with the intervals in meters. Up until today, they had been in miles. I've poked around but can't figure out whether it's a Garmin or RA setting. Weird. 

I noticed this too but after I saved the workout it shows up as miles.
        I noticed this too but after I saved the workout it shows up as miles.

You are correct. I noticed that if I view the workout after it's saved, the intervals are in miles. If I click "Edit", they revert to meters. Not a big deal I guess. Maybe Eric is just messing with us. 

Same here.  I thought I had messed up a setting somehow.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

See the "Garmin 910XT swim import" thread, Eric changed some code causing this, but only in edit mode.

See the "Garmin 910XT swim import" thread, Eric changed some code causing this, but only in edit mode.

Dang Triathletes screwing everything up for the rest of us. Oh wait, I do triathlons too.....nevermind

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Dang Triathletes screwing everything up for the rest of us. Oh wait, I do triathlons too.....nevermind

I'm glad I'm on my sabbatical from training.  I haven't looked at my Garmin in over a month.  I'll wait until all you other guys (with Eric's help) get it proper.

Until then, it'll be volleyball, casual riding, and casual running. 

Soon, I'll be back, but until then... it's vacation time

Cheers,

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Ha! Sorry about that guys! I had an issue with my swim intervals showing up in the wrong unit when importing from my Garmin 910XT...which prompted Eric's code change.

eric :)

Hrm... it looks like I need to make many more changes in order to make everything consistent.  I'm not willing to invest more effort into this at this time sinceI am planning to make updates to the training log later this year. I'm leaning toward reverting the changes and resurrect them with the next training log roll out.

Eric, it's a very minor thing and doesn't really affect anything. No sweat. Clowning around

Hrm... it looks like I need to make many more changes in order to make everything consistent.  I'm not willing to invest more effort into this at this time sinceI am planning to make updates to the training log later this year. I'm leaning toward reverting the changes and resurrect them with the next training log roll out.

eric :)

Ok.  I made a small hack to fix the problem and here's how it will all work when you upload a workout:

- If you specified a distance unit for the activity, then the intervals will be in this unit.

- If you have not specified a distance unit, then the intervals will use your preferred distance unit.

Hopefully this is acceptable for until I can revamp the whole log.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

How do I know (or specify) what my preferred distance unit is?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

How do I know (or specify) what my preferred distance unit is?

Options >> Locale Settings >> Distance Unit

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Options >> Locale Settings >> Distance Unit

Thank you.

(I'd looked in Options >> Log Settings, but forgot to also check Locale Settings).

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Hoban-Jay

Ok.  I made a small hack to fix the problem and here's how it will all work when you upload a workout:

- If you specified a distance unit for the activity, then the intervals will be in this unit.

- If you have not specified a distance unit, then the intervals will use your preferred distance unit.

Hopefully this is acceptable for until I can revamp the whole log.

Thanks for the fix Eric...and the incredibly quick turnaround time.  That kind of attention is why I use RA...and wouldn't consider anything else.