Speedy Turtle hits new record! (Read 1032 times)

I know that I'm still really slow compared to the rest of the running world, BUT I ran 5 miles in exactly 1 hour. The beauty part is that I ran the first 1.75 slower than I ran the last 3.25 and had a pace of 11:45 at the end. I haven't run under 12 before!!! I am so pleased with myself it's just silly. Now to crack the 11...... Big grin
      Way to go! Go get that 11!

Just me...

That's not silly at all! Congrats!!!! Big grin

3/22/09- 177.0 Goal- 145(flexible)

Now to crack the 11...... Big grin
          It's addictive isn't it? Keep up the great work.

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Another Passion

Congratulations. Every victory is relative. Keep it up. Wink

Rick
            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
            runningforcassy.blogspot.com

A Saucy Wench

Wooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo It is a victory! That is the best part about running. In the end, you really only compete against yourself Big grin

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Good job! The "running world" like the rest of the world, is full of diversity; nobody is like the rset. I run like a centipede, lots of leg motion, not much forward progress. Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Good job! The "running world" like the rest of the world, is full of diversity; nobody is like the rset. I run like a centipede, lots of leg motion, not much forward progress. Simon.
                  Big grin Me too!
                    Thanks for the happy grams! Big grin It's fun to share this stuff with peeps who understand.