Exercise suggestions for injury prevention (Read 203 times)

kimberfoster

Thanks for sharing .

jamlevasseur29

I had both hip abductor and IT band issues about 4-5 years ago.  My PT suggested yoga, specifically targeted for running.  I started the yoga, and while it took a bit to get good at the poses, it not only relieved both issues, but helped with my posture and stride while running.  There are yoga for runner videos on Runner's World, but the best one I found is on You Tube- the feed is called "Do yoga with me" or just google "yoga for runners Fiji McAlpine."  Be diligent and give it a month of doing in 3-4 days a week before you see results.   But now, I wouldn't live without it.

Nanorunner

I second the yoga suggestion, along with core strength training.  I've especially found this one useful.

Yoga for Runners: Injury Prevention with Fiji McAlpine ...

JanaLamb

Wow! Thank for this. I found it really useful. I've been looking for some good exercises and this seemed comfortable. Going to try it for warm ups and for some everyday exercise.

I second the yoga suggestion, along with core strength training.  I've especially found this one useful.

Yoga for Runners: Injury Prevention with Fiji McAlpine ...

Increase Speed and Stamina Blog